CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apx

Default Apx

FYI.......Palmetto has Beretta APX compacts for $229.99. $179.99 after rebate. And I thought that I got a deal getting mine for $210.00. They also have deals on Rock Island 1911's.

That’s a great price.

I’m wondering why the compact and full sized have a nice undercut trigger guard whereas the Carry version doesn’t. Years ago I had a Nano but didn’t like the ergonomics - couldn’t get a high enough grip and I attributed that to no undercut.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    That’s a great price.

I’m wondering why the compact and full sized have a nice undercut trigger guard whereas the Carry version doesn’t. Years ago I had a Nano but didn’t like the ergonomics - couldn’t get a high enough grip and I attributed that to no undercut.
    Say what? I think you are talking about the Old Nano not the New APX Carry. The Nano is now on the Third Generation, while they have many of the same internals, most upgraded, but for sure the Grip, Trigger and Trigger guard have been changed.

By the way, their is a Youtube channel that comes out each week featuring all of Palmetto Armory's sales, which they always have some great deals. Just have to catch them on time. I will find the link and post.

That’s a great price. <br>
    <br>
    <br><br>

I am confused. Do you mean the Entire grip? The Nano and the Carry are completely different grips and trigger guards. Another great deal for the Beretta they have at $229 and that does not include the rebate. That is in the color FDE. You save $70.00 just because of the color(which you can buy a new grip later if you do not like the color). Same gun is at Bud's and other places for $399
    I would get one if I already did not have two Nano's and the NEW APX carry. (still might get it, but trying to be more conservative in my spending on firearms),

There is a youtube channel that features all the Deals each week at PA. I will try and find it. They always turn out some great deals on not only guns, but gear as well. , you just have to catch them.

Here is the link. MONDAY DEALS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWNuk0a24Oo

Default Apx

Look at the APX lineup. The “Carry” lacks an undercut trigger guard. The compact and full size have a nice undercuts. I can tell simply by looking at the Carry that I won’t like the ergonomics.

Carry

Compact

Full size

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

^^Doesn't make much sense does it. If any should be undercut it would be the one(s) with the shortest grip.

It would also be nice to see them offer a variant with a manual thumb safety too. But only if it sweeps down for off, like about 99% of the rest of the industry, rather than up like their other guns.

Look at the APX lineup. The “Carry” lacks an undercut trigger guard. The compact and full size have a nice undercuts. I can tell simply by looking at the Carry that I won’t like the ergonomics.

Carry

Compact

Full size
    Ok, I see what you are talking about. The reason is because they are two different triggers. The compact and the full size are more of the lighter shorter style standard triggers made, while the Carry is a Dao, much like the KAHR which I prefer on a Carry gun. I do not get any trigger pinch like I do a Glock or other firearms. I wish my GX4 had the same clearance. Grip size is a personal preference. I personally cannot shoot a Sig 365 because of the grip and the Narrow space to the receiver. Like others, I would ride the slide. The new APX Carry for myself is a perfect fit. Beretta improved a already nice firearm. I say Perfect, but I would prefer to not have the Glock style dingus safety style trigger and make it like the Kahr.,
    As far as safety, I do not feel the Carry needs one and that is why I bought it. It is a DAO like the Kahr. A smooth deliberate roll. Now on the Sig 365 for example, I would get the Model with the safety if I were to purchase one. I would like to have seen Beretta make another back strap like Taurus did on the GX4.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Ok, I see what you are talking about. The reason IMO is that they are two different triggers. The compact and the full size are more of the lighter shorter standard triggers made, while the Carry is a Dao, much like the KAHR which I prefer on a Carry gun. I do not get any trigger pinch like I do a Glock or other firearms. I wish my GX4 had the same clearance. Grip size is a personal preference. I personally cannot shoot a Sig 365 because of the grip and the Narrow space to the receiver. Like others, I would ride the slide. The new APX Carry for myself is a perfect fit. Beretta will improved a already nice firearm. I say Perfect, but I would prefer to not have the Glock style dingus safety style trigger and make it like the Kahr.
    I put the Wilson grip module on my 365 and while I had no issue with the stock grip (with a sleeve) I much prefer the Wilson. Made a world of difference at least to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I put the Wilson grip module on my 365 and while I had no issue with the stock grip (with a sleeve) I much prefer the Wilson. Made a world of difference at least to me.
    I can understand that, I would place the Wilson on mine if I owned one as well. Did place the Wilson on my Son's 320 and a huge improvement. A really nice grip. For myself, I do not care for light Triggers without a safety. But that is just me. I do however am a strong believer in using a strong off hand grip pressure in shooting Micro 9mm's.

Original Nano release in 2012

Nano Gen 1 and Gen 2 carry

New 3rd Gen Nano (Apx A1 Carry with New Taurus GX4

Me too on the short triggers. I put a safety on my 365. It was easy and I feel a whole lot better with it. Course now the Tisas is the primary and the 365 only rides occasionally. Or of course the PM45.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."