Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PM9 observation

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    I've carried both a PM9 and 365 long term. The 2 extra oz in the 365, plus the weight of the extra ammo changes the balance and is heavier than you'd expect. It was enough I went back to the PM9 for ankle and pocket carry. I'm selling my 365XL to carry a P9 full time.
    I bought the 365xl just to see what all the hoopla was about, and to see if an optical sighted carry gun was for me. Having decided that the answer to that question was yes and added the optical sight to the P9, I've found that the 365 is of no practical advantage to me. I'm too tuned into the Kahr platform. Haven't settled on selling it yet, but it may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    I bought the 365xl just to see what all the hoopla was about, and to see if an optical sighted carry gun was for me. Having decided that the answer to that question was yes and added the optical sight to the P9, I've found that the 365 is of no practical advantage to me. I'm too tuned into the Kahr platform. Haven't settled on selling it yet, but it may happen.
    Yep, tried it out as well. (traded a shotgun for the Sig 365XL). But went back to Point and shoot Kahr platform etc. . This is what is great about America, we have choices. (At least for a little while)
    *hard to see, but red Dot on the Sig.

I agree with a lot in this post. I currently have two kahr gun both PM45'S. That said I plan on getting another PM9 soon. The PM45 is small for a 45. But it's not as small as the PM9 I sold to funs it. Which looking back was kind of stupid thing to do in all honesty being I already had a PM45 in the black finish with night sights.

That all bring said i don't need two of the same gun. And I'll keep the new in box PM45 if my finances will allow that. If not I'd sell the NIB PM45 and get another PM9 as it is better for pocket carry., which I do pocket carry a lot and the PM9 is much better suited for this purpose hand down. I've considered a PM40 but to me the slight increase in ballistic performance on today's modern 9mm self defense ammo is negligible at best. And in return you get a lot more recoil,and noice And blast then also 1 or less rounds on tap.

I simply don't think the 40S&W has the advantags over the 9mm that it had when it came out 30 years ago. Don't get me wrong I do like the 40S&W found. But at the end of the day all handguns and handgun calibers are a compromise. I personally feel like the ammo that's out now that there is very little if any difference in real world performance when comparing 9mm,40S&W or 45ACP. So that said I'd rather carry the smaller lighter thinner PM9 in my pocket and have 6+1 of +P 9mm.

Just me, but I'll always opt for the larger caliber. No wars here, but from my own shooting and testing in the real world (my backyard) over the years, I prefer a larger wound channel and more penetration. I don't really pay attention to the jelly mongers. My wife has a .380 and I mostly shoot .40 with some 9mm thrown in. I see all of my real-world results. I'll deal with a bit more recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Just me, but I'll always opt for the larger caliber. No wars here, but from my own shooting and testing in the real world (my backyard) over the years, I prefer a larger wound channel and more penetration. I don't really pay attention to the jelly mongers. My wife has a .380 and I mostly shoot .40 with some 9mm thrown in. I see all of my real-world results. I'll deal with a bit more recoil.
    Can’t disagree with this.

My personal philosophy is to carry the biggest caliber I can (1) shoot well, (2) carry comfortably and (3) feel confident about the capacity.

All three of those are subjective so what works for me may not work for someone else. And others may have different criteria for determining what they carry.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

As I have always said, I"f the Gun Gods came down and said all I could carry would be a Snub Nose Revolver. It would not bother me one single Bit". Not to mention the most Fun gun I have ever shot. Looking back, If had it to do all over again, I might very well have stuck with one. NO FRIGGING MAGAZINES to deal with would also be nice. Man I have spent so much cash on them over the years. Just talking about a snub, makes me want another.

And since I have said that for so many years, I found it amusing to watch this Video of Hickok45, in his choice of

BELOW On YOUTUBE
    "The last Pocket gun I would sell" Hickok45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgVx...annel=hickok45

Last edited by King Rat; 08-11-2023 at 03:35 AM.

Lot of good points brought up here. It's good to see people's thinking and the different conclusions they come up with.

I think if I were to go to a 40 cal, I would really try out the Beretta PX4. I have yet to try one, but really looking for to.

JMHO, .......I've always liked Beretta products and have owned many. The PX4 and assoc. never really tripped my trigger. They always felt really plastic, had a real hollow feeling. Nothing like the other Beretta products.

JMHO, .......I've always liked Beretta products and have owned many. The PX4 and assoc. never really tripped my trigger. They always felt really plastic, had a real hollow feeling. Nothing like the other Beretta products.
    Here is a interesting video of the PX4. Why some do not like it, how it shoots, DA trigger etc. And if I am not mistaken, a gun actually designed to shoot the 40.cal (Earnest Langdon). Second video talks about the Compact version. No surprise that these gun can handle a whole lot of ammo down range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4M_a7S8-o&t=779s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-hRUJDx_VY&t=307s