Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad news

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bad news

Something bad happened this afternoon between 2:30 and 5:00 pm. I went to the restaurant for a cup of coffee. Since I was only going to be gone an hour, I left the garage door open, but the door into the house was locked. Vickie ask me to go to the food supply depot, and help with the food for the restaurant, so I was gone longer than expected. When I got home, I didn't notice anything right away, because my computer, laptop, big screen, etc were fine. I did notice a mark on the doorframe, so I looked around. My SIG P220, S&W 4586, Kahr PM45, S&W 9VE, and SIG P225 were gone - five loaded handguns with spare mags had been stolen.

What I don't understand, is that all the stolen pistols were out of sight - three in two nightstands, one in a cabinet in the living room, and the PM45 was in my desk drawer. There was an XD 45 in the gun case on a kitchen counter in plain sight - it was still there. There were an M&P 45 and 24/7 45 in a kitchen cabinet, and a 9mm carbine on top of a bookcase, all still there. I happened to have the CW9 in my pocket.

A lot of my friends know that I have guns, but NOBODY knew where they were kept.

All can be replaced except the like new nickel P220. I've never seen another one and they haven't made them in many years. The 4586 will be hard, but I can probable find another one. The rest are fairly common.

I've got to go and sit in a corner and cry!

Man, what a sad thing. Many many years ago they broke into my house and got a Colt revolver and a Ruger Blackhawk and a cup with 50 real silver dollars my boss brought me back from Reno or someplace for watching over things. I was devastated and wanted to go door to door searching.
    There seems to be no reasoning behind what they take and what they leave. They are in a big hurry, they miss em. Sounds like your burglars are on foot taking small easy to carry stuff. Hopefully the police will stumble onto something that will get them in the right direction and you can get them back unharmed.
    I feel your pain, I wish I could do something to help ease it. Only thing I got on your list is the PM45 but I'll gladly send ya mine if it helps ease the pain.
    Sorry this happened to you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Damn, O'Dell, I'm so sorry for your loss! It's strange that only those five were taken. I hope that you have insurance to help with the loss.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Man that's weird...and I am sorry tohear about the theft.

On a side note...sounds like you have a serious stash of guns around the house.

Thanks for the wake up call. I'm headed to the lumber yard to get a real door for my room. I gota couple safes but quite a few just don't fit or I leave ones out that I'm working on or carry alot. I'll be more vigilant about locking stuff up again. Wife and kids are always leaving windows and doors unlocked or open. We've never had a problem here before but there has to be a first time and while I wouldn't miss the tv or computer, guns gone walkabout would break my heart.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

O`Dell my heart goes out to you man.I hate to hear you were a victim of theft.I sincerely hope that the thieves are caught and punished.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Sorry to hear about your loss O'Dell. Hope they catch the guys.

Not to beat up on you, O'Dell, but it's safer to leave your front door open because everyone assumes it's locked, while an open garage door is an invitation to out of sight access and usually all the tools needed to defeat the door into the house.
    Whoever stole your guns will probably think about returning for what they missed and your replacements. It seems that they found exactly what they wanted... high-value and easily portable guns... for use in their chosen occupation, or for resale.
    I hope they get caught and punished and you get your guns back. Sometimes the cops get a lucky break.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I've investigated burglaries going on 37 years. First as a deputy sheriff and detective and now CSI. I have found an experienced burglar will unerringly go for the places stuff is hidden. Just a matter of repetitive experience and an understanding of human nature . The officer get any prints or did he bother? Interesting the burglar left a pistol in plain view. That is odd. Sorry bro.

OK guys, I think it's time to get a bit paranoid. I think I'm being targeted, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about it. Indulge me for a moment. A week ago Thursday I got into a serious verbal fight with a couple of 20 something ne'er-do-wells, one of whose GF and mother work at the restaurant. These bums never work, sit around their apartment all day smoking dope and popping pills, and generally cause trouble where ever they can. Last Saturday I was at the restaurant three times, and sometime during the day someone stole my Amex, Visa, and ATM card from my car. They were very careful to take the cards out of paper sleeves, and leave my DL, CC Permit, and Kaiser card alone. I can only think that they were hoping I wouldn't notice. However Sunday, I got an E-Mail from Amex about a suspicious charge, and discovered the theft. It only cost me an hour to get the cards replaced, but seven stores were out several hundred dollars.

The MO on today's incident was very much the same - take things out of sight and leave the obvious, and hope I didn't notice for a while. Well, I warned you I was being paranoid. I have no proof, but I did discuss it with Vickie tonight. Of course any accusations from me would only leave me open for slander.

I have lived in my neighborhood for seven years, and this is the first robbery that has happened in that time. Believe me, from now on I'll close the garage door, even if I only going to the mailbox.

Thanks for the offer Bawanna, but the PM can easily be replaced unlike the SIG. And Badge 4436, no, they did not take any prints. Two units responded, and since the police would be in the house, I unloaded my remaining guns, locked the actions back, and left them on the kitchen table. The two officers were more interested in talking about the guns on the table than the missing ones. Since they carried Glocks, they wanted to know about the XD and M&P.