Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kahr service response times

Default kahr service response times

does anyone have experience with a priority 5 level response time ? my CM 9 died in the middle of a IDPA match july 15 th. , (no trigger reset) I dropped it off at my LGS that day , who preferred to send it to kahr . it took kahr 11 days to send a return# and shipping label ; is that amount of time normal ? I contacted kahr service dept. via email , and they had just received the pistol that very day (aug.15th.) and assigned repairs at a level 5 priority , anyone know how long that is? besides being my competition gun it's my EDC and I miss it greatly ! my G 26 is filling in but I feel lopsided wearing it.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Seems like your LGS dropped the ball on you. You should have contacted Kahr by phone and most likely would have received in most cases a return label within a hour. It seems that most manufacturers do no do well with emails. Call directly.

No surprise that manufacturers don't do well with email. I don't respond quickly to email either, what with wading through all the junk.

No idea what priority 5 means. Maybe call and ask?

I actually prefer emails when contacting service from anybody. That way they have time to formulate an honest response. A phone call, you're putting them on the spot and they may just give an answer they may not be able to complete.

I've never heard of a priority 5 response. I know they do move Law Enforcement to the head of the line when possible but not sure that's even official.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"priority 5 response" Response "1" fast through phone call. Priority "5" Get mail and will respond after all the phone calls, hopfully.

Like "Double Secret Probation"

Default CM 9 returns

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    does anyone have experience with a priority 5 level response time ? my CM 9 died in the middle of a IDPA match july 15 th. , (no trigger reset) I dropped it off at my LGS that day , who preferred to send it to kahr . it took kahr 11 days to send a return# and shipping label ; is that amount of time normal ? I contacted kahr service dept. via email , and they had just received the pistol that very day (aug.15th.) and assigned repairs at a level 5 priority , anyone know how long that is? besides being my competition gun it's my EDC and I miss it greatly ! my G 26 is filling in but I feel lopsided wearing it.NRA LIFERIDPA BELIEVER

my 12 yr. old (many,many,many, rounds down range) CM 9 EDC/competition , returned today from Kahr ; repaired under warranty bless them!

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Well, that certainly took a while. Glad you got it back. Inquiring minds want to know. What did they do to it?
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Three weeks ain't bad. Or am I reading the calendar wrong?

"action taken: magazines: 1mk 720 , mine) replaced broken cocking cam spring; function checked ok , test fired ok , (1 full mag of pmc bronze 124 gr. fmj) "_ 15 ; it even shipped with a nice plastic foam fitted box.

at the risk of blowback from the upper balcony , there are between 10,000 and 11,000 rounds fired on the ORIGIONAL recoil spring and it is still locking and ejecting with vigor and a stiff cocker . I'll run it as is for my EDC/ bug gun until the spring shows weaknesses . they don't call me BUGS for nothing !

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

WOW the cocking cam spring brakes before the recoil wears. But then nothing wrong with ejecting with vigor and still being a stiff cocker. For many it’s just a fleeting memory.