Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Kahr: CW 45. I'm impressed.

Everyone has their own requirements and standards. For me, with 1911 mags and limited modification, the rounds were being pushed into the top of the chamber instead of the feed ramp. I didn't feel comfortable with that, since for minimal sized micro guns like the Kahr it's my understanding that tolerances and mechanical design are more vulnerable to problems.

Redcoat3340,
    Congrats on the CW45!

I carry with one in the pipe.

Among other holsters, I like the Mitch Rosen 5JR-Express the best (though the CW45 wore a hole in it by the ejection port):

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Everyone has their own requirements and standards. For me, with 1911 mags and limited modification, the rounds were being pushed into the top of the chamber instead of the feed ramp. I didn't feel comfortable with that, since for minimal sized micro guns like the Kahr it's my understanding that tolerances and mechanical design are more vulnerable to problems.
    Yes, different strokes for different folks Run what works for you.

FWIW, I've been running 1911 Officers size mags (with Kahr internals) in my CW45 (now P45) for about 13 years without incident. I'm not even sure where the Kahr mags for it are.

The CW45 was my first Kahr pistol. It's was my favorite Kahr pistol. It still is my favorite though it has morphed into a P45. It's my favorite of the small 45ACP guns I own or have shot extensively.

About the time the Trijicon front sight I put on it was too dim to be useful, I came across a deal for a P45 top end. I now run that with some sights that I like.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I like the looks of the flat trigger too. I don't have the guts to try that on for size myself. Color me skeered. I also like that rounded at the bottom rear sight. I have that on several pistols. Seems to work better for me. Still don't shoot as good as you but I've been doing pretty good with my new Tisas. Actually shot pretty good with several last time out. If my arms were longer I'd of patted myself on the back. Oh well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

FWIW, I've been running 1911 Officers size mags (with Kahr internals) in my CW45 (now P45) for about 13 years without incident. I'm not even sure where the Kahr mags for it are.

The CW45 was my first Kahr pistol. It's was my favorite Kahr pistol. It still is my favorite though it has morphed into a P45. It's my favorite of the small 45ACP guns I own or have shot extensively....

Regards,
    Greg
    Very nice! My CW45 is definitely one of my favorites.

Quick question... What do you do to keep the magazine release button from rusting? After a few months of EDC (including some lengthy, sweaty labor intensive work) the button on mine started to rust. I ended up purchasing new mag release buttons and having them plated. Since then I've had no problems.

Also, did you have to replace some of your holsters for the P45 slide? I'm thinking of getting a used CW45 or P45 and swapping in my TP45 slide (I know I'll have to replace my holsters for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Very nice! My CW45 is definitely one of my favorites.

Quick question... What do you do to keep the magazine release button from rusting? After a few months of EDC (including some lengthy, sweaty labor intensive work) the button on mine started to rust. I ended up purchasing new mag release buttons and having them plated. Since then I've had no problems.

Also, did you have to replace some of your holsters for the P45 slide? I'm thinking of getting a used CW45 or P45 and swapping in my TP45 slide (I know I'll have to replace my holsters for that).
    Thanks

I wipe the metal parts with a Sentry Tuf-Cloth. My mag release shows wear, but hasn't rusted.

The P45 is a good fit in the leather holsters I have for the CW45. Kydex might be a different story, but I don't have any for either gun.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

My CW45 was a soft shooter for a big bore. Kinda surprised me.
    My son carries it now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling