Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Old man comin. Sights, holsters, and tread wear.

Default Old man comin. Sights, holsters, and tread wear.

As many know, I am a firm believer in Balance when carrying a firearm for EDC. How weight can take a toll on the skeletal/Nervous system. Preached about the importance for years. Usually on death ears.

Here is a interesting video. Take a way's for me was how a shoulder holster was recommended. How many older experienced shooters do better without red dot sights and for me shoulder rotator cuff is making my draw on my strong side difficult. Have already switched to cross draw and Appendix carry. Just painful to draw for drills on the strong side. Also finding the cross draw very fast.
    Regardless, Check out the video, you might find something useful. Red Dots may be right for you, but others, a good pair of glasses. Slides, grips, hands. A lot of things to consider.
    If you wear a shoulder hoster, you should consider two guns, one on each side. (Balance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyx_a_EJks

If all I knew about guns was what Massad Ayoob has forgotten I'd know more than I do now. Thanks for posting that KR

Interesting to go back and see video's of all these guys when they were much younger. Sorry to see Paul Harrell now with cancer for example.

Great video.
    Thanks for posting.

Something to think about. Your Spine. People walk something like 10,000 Plus steps per day. Firearm edc. will have about 1lb of force coming down on one side. What does this do to the spine, muscles, nerves, disc on the opposing side?

Last edited by King Rat; 08-19-2023 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Interesting to go back and see video's of all these guys when they were much younger. Sorry to see Paul Harrell now with cancer for example.
    I haven’t watched his channel for awhile (I find him likable and knowledgeable but a bit boring) but I’m saddened to hear that.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Yea, he can be a bit boring, but he is one of the few that has not sold out. IMO a very honest man. He will even tell you he is boring or give you a heads up that what he says next will be. But he is determined to do it right. I also find that he has a good sense of humor. Yes, very sorry to hear that he has cancer. But I believe Paul has a lot of Hard Bark.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    As many know, I am a firm believer in Balance when carrying a firearm for EDC. How weight can take a toll on the skeletal/Nervous system. Preached about the importance for years. Usually on death ears.

Here is a interesting video. Take a way's for me was how a shoulder holster was recommended. How many older experienced shooters do better without red dot sights and for me shoulder rotator cuff is making my draw on my strong side difficult. Have already switched to cross draw and Appendix carry. Just painful to draw for drills on the strong side. Also finding the cross draw very fast.
    Regardless, Check out the video, you might find something useful. Red Dots may be right for you, but others, a good pair of glasses. Slides, grips, hands. A lot of things to consider.
    If you wear a shoulder hoster, you should consider two guns, one on each side. (Balance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyx_a_EJks
    Let's get back to your rotator cuff. If it is really bothering you, consider getting it fixes. A few summers ago I had one side done in April and the other done in September. Inconvenienced? Yes, and it took almost one full year wo get back to the good old days but I went back to shooting a bow, and doing everything I thought was never again to be. I have passed my experience on to a half dozen friends and all of them were grateful for my words.

As for a shoulder holster, I am tall and thin and went to appendix carry which works well for my frame. Also perfect for driving as I live in a city that is plagued with car jackings.

BTW, as for magnifiers (bifocals) that go on the top of your glasses, you might consider these,

https://www.amazon.com/OPTX-20-Hydro.../dp/B087WMXS1Q
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Let's get back to your rotator cuff. If it is really bothering you, consider getting it fixes. A few summers ago I had one side done in April and the other done in September. Inconvenienced? Yes, and it took almost one full year wo get back to the good old days but I went back to shooting a bow, and doing everything I thought was never again to be. I have passed my experience on to a half dozen friends and all of them were grateful for my words.

As for a shoulder holster, I am tall and thin and went to appendix carry which works well for my frame. Also perfect for driving as I live in a city that is plagued with car jackings.

BTW, as for magnifiers (bifocals) that go on the top of your glasses, you might consider these,

https://www.amazon.com/OPTX-20-Hydro.../dp/B087WMXS1Q

I am fixing it. Just left the Chiropractor yesterday. I have one shoulder lower than the other and suffer through "Cross Over Syndrome." I have been doing all kinds of exercises, stretching and going into to see a Deep message Therapy to break up the scar tissue that has developed in the Opposite side of the shoulder.(scapula)

Example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWrVRQwcxXg