Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Upgrade CW9 slidestop

Default Upgrade CW9 slidestop

I wanted to upgrade my CW9 slidestop. Does the P9 fit the CW9, and does Kahr sell the MIM part for the CW9 or is it the upgraded slidestop? Because the picture on the website looks like the upgraded piece. I asked Kahr and they seemed confused to what I wanted to do. Thanks for all your help

What upgraded slide stop. When did this happen?
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

The P and CW slide stops are interchangable. Order the P9 part to be sure to get the stainless steel part if you feel you need it. What's wrong with the original part?
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

ur upgrade IMO is a total waste of money. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Makes zero sense
    but heh it's ur bucks, not mine
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

The MIM part on my CW9 has a dent on the end of it. But I was just thinking about changing it. Theres no problems with the MIM part so far so just was curious if the P9 part worked. Thank you Jocko and Ripley 16 for the quick replys. I love my CW9 and carry it probably 95% of the time. I carry the keltec PF-9 and the p380 the other 5% of the time. IMO the Kahr 9mm is the single stack Glock refuses to make. Until Glock makes a single stack 9mm. The Kahr CW9 will be my carry gun.

I think I have seen more issues with the "forged" slide stop by kahr over the MIM one by kahr. out of spec comes to mind, plus I think we might have seen one or two broken slide stops. Also I think I have seen one broken MIM slide stop pin on this forum. Don't hold ur breatyhg on a single stack glock 9... Trust me I was not calling u out, IMO the "UPGRADE" WILL DO LITTLE TO MAKE it more or less reliable. If u love your kel tc, then you should really love your cw9, apples and oranges for quality and certainly in the trigger area to. Price points are also apples and oranges..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yeah the CW9 vs. PF9 is like comparing a Honda to a Hyundai no comparison. The CW9 is extremely accurate and so easy to shoot. I was going to get the PM9 but I like the longer barrel and I like being able to put my pinky on the grip. Plus I got my CW9 with night sites and an extra mag for under 350.00 just couldn't pass it up. Thanks again Jocko for all your help, I think im sticking with the MIM part for now.

Quote Originally Posted by teammazza View Post
    Yeah the CW9 vs. PF9 is like comparing a Honda to a Hyundai no comparison.
    I resemble that! My Hyundai Elantra Limited with leather seats is every bit as classy as a Honda, and I don't bump my knees on the dash trying to drive it, like I have experienced with every Honda I have driven over the last few years!
    Very interesting...

Im sorry Hyundais have come a long way, my wife used to work for an insurance company and she would show me various pictures of cars involved in accidents. Lets just say Hyundais didn't fare very well. But that was a few years back maybe things have changed. How about this, Kahr is Mercedes, and Keltec is a volkswagon. If i offend anyone again then make your own comparisons.