Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace

Thread: CW380 Slide Won't Go On During Reassembly

Default CW380 Slide Won't Go On During Reassembly

I recently had a brand new CW380 come to my shop. The owner had disassembled it according to the Owner's Manual and when he attempted reassembly, the slide would not go all the way to the rear and he was unable to insert the slide stop pin. There is another post on the forum of this same condition involving a CW9. When I inverted the gun and looked into the magazine well, it could clearly be seen that the striker was hitting the front of the ejector. I was able to use a punch to flex the frame and ejector outboard enough to allow the striker to clear and reassemble the firearm. Has anyone else experienced this condition on a new Kahr? Thanks!!

Semper Fidelis,

CA

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Tactical View Post
    I recently had a brand new CW380 come to my shop. The owner had disassembled it according to the Owner's Manual and when he attempted reassembly, the slide would not go all the way to the rear and he was unable to insert the slide stop pin. There is another post on the forum of this same condition involving a CW9. When I inverted the gun and looked into the magazine well, it could clearly be seen that the striker was hitting the front of the ejector. I was able to use a punch to flex the frame and ejector outboard enough to allow the striker to clear and reassemble the firearm. Has anyone else experienced this condition on a new Kahr? Thanks!!

Semper Fidelis,

CA
    I haven't but would like to see a few pictures of what you did. And you posted some time ago that you would like to see a complete take down of the pistol, not just the slide. I agree, and like you cannot find one. Good job on your fix. (thank you for your Service)

I will put some pics up when I get permission to upload photos. I know there are several ways to link photos but IT is not my thing. I have completely diassembled several CM9s and a CW380 now. It is very easy except for the trigger spring and trigger spacer reinstall. I made a 1/8" diameter x .375" slave pin and installed the trigger, trigger bar, trigger spring, and trigger spacer as an assembly. I then drove the slave pin out from right to left with the trigger pivot pin. It took less than a minute to do this. This really made life a lot easier! Hope this helps!

Can someone plz help me out with getting this slide back on my cw

Its been a few days so maybe you figured it out but a common problem is the alignment of the recoil spring. Make sure it is positioned correctly. Let me know if you need a picture as I can't provide one at the moment.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm