[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice ride Colonel!

I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but I'd rather say it than later regret not having said it.Your trike looks to have a fairly high center of gravity and being that fast, be careful with your turns. I ride a trike occasionally and at speed it can get squirrely in turns. The trike's extra weight makes it harder to slow down and the momentum carried in to turns can raise a rear wheel off the ground...too high and it can flip on you.

Dr. wifey on our trike:

Regards,
    Greg
    I get the squirrely part. I already cut the seat post down twice. Might cut some more. I took the seat off a power chair and put it on the trike, much more comfy. I'd like to lower the seat even more. Handle bars are low as they go so it's almost to like those ape hanger bars on motorcycles or getting close. Too add to the squirrely thing, the front brake is the only brake I can work reliably. The rear brakes work off a foot pedal. Which I have to keep my foot off of as it disconnects the power when a brake is applied. I might in a jamb be able to get my foot on it but not a sure thing. Also have to make sure its charged enough. Spent 20 minutes in my driveway waiting for a push. Low on juice and it wouldn't go up the drive even though it's not very steep. A bit of a push and it got going but of course I couldn't do the little push.
    We'll just go easy and hope not to crash and burn.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I get the squirrely part. I already cut the seat post down twice. Might cut some more. I took the seat off a power chair and put it on the trike, much more comfy. I'd like to lower the seat even more. Handle bars are low as they go so it's almost to like those ape hanger bars on motorcycles or getting close. Too add to the squirrely thing, the front brake is the only brake I can work reliably. The rear brakes work off a foot pedal. Which I have to keep my foot off of as it disconnects the power when a brake is applied. I might in a jamb be able to get my foot on it but not a sure thing. Also have to make sure its charged enough. Spent 20 minutes in my driveway waiting for a push. Low on juice and it wouldn't go up the drive even though it's not very steep. A bit of a push and it got going but of course I couldn't do the little push.
    We'll just go easy and hope not to crash and burn.
    It looks to me that the handle bar stem is a foldable type. You can probably find a shorter folding stem online. At the very least, a shorter conventional bike stem could be fitted.

Do you think the rear brakes could be converted to hand operated? Brake hand levers with motor cutout switches are pretty common these days. The ability to cut the motor out while braking is a big plus in my book.

Darn, you might need a cooler, an umbrella, and a flare gun for those dead battery moments. I use the "Ride with GPS" app on my phone when out riding. My wife can track me if I send here a link via a text message from the app.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Got me some new wheels at our county fair yesterday. Spur of the moment impulse buy. Wife as all over getting it so I can ride with her on her electric bike. Thing is crazy fast. I got a few minor modifications planned but hopefully it will work out.
    I see some checkered wood trim and bone grips in that things future! Maybe a tuck & rolled seat cover?

Found these WW2 era steel pennies in the rear of the bottom shelf of my safe where they’ve been sitting for 27 years.
    Forgot I had them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Got any '43 coppers in there?

Air Travel in the 30s

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Found these WW2 era steel pennies in the rear of the bottom shelf of my safe where they’ve been sitting for 27 years.
    Forgot I had them.
    I have 5 or 6 of those. Man, you’ve got a lot! I have a little box that I toss anything interesting into. Foreign money from my military days, Indian head and wheat pennies, scrap gold & silver bits. Hoping one day it all might be worth a little.