Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Kahr truly double action?

I do not try and get technical. Most experienced shooters know what people are talking about when they Say DAO. Kahr advertises their Pistols as DAO. I just look at it as two different systems.

dao
    "Striker fired" is speaking to the firing mechanism.

"DAO" is speaking to the trigger mechanism, or "lockwork." They are completely different aspects of firearm design and can coexist in the same platform."

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Yep, long smooth SAO I’d say. They kinda made their on type of action.
    What, then, cocks the lockwork to the point of having the stored energy to fire the pistol? It isn't the slide. Have you ever looked inside your Kahr to see how it works. Ever looked inside a 1911, a HiPower, or any other SA handgun? If so, did you not notice a significant difference? (Hint: the hammer or striker on SA doesn't move either direction from movement of the trigger - until the sear is released)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    What, then, cocks the lockwork to the point of having the stored energy to fire the pistol? It isn't the slide. Have you ever looked inside your Kahr to see how it works. Ever looked inside a 1911, a HiPower, or any other SA handgun? If so, did you not notice a significant difference? (Hint: the hammer or striker on SA doesn't move either direction from movement of the trigger - until the sear is released)
    Yes I have. As a percentage the striker on a Kahr is more cocked after loading a round than even a Glock as the Glock trigger bar pulls the striker back a greater percentage than a Kahr, so I guess the Glock is DAO also (don’t even say safe action). And as for what every manufacturer calls their action, the Ruger security 9 calls itself a single action in their manual and a pull of the trigger moves the hammer about 5 to 10% rearward. Also, if you have a CZ75 you’ll notice that when using the factory hammer with no after market part modifications the hammer in single action does slightly move the hammer rearward as the trigger is pulled and the sear moves up the notch in the hammer before it is released. So is that not single action? So with these striker fired guns, other than the Walther P99, who really makes what could be called a true sure enough DA trigger where the striker is under no tension until the trigger starts to be pulled? It isn’t Kahr, but it really doesn’t matter because it’s neither here nor there. The Kahr trigger feels like a long DA trigger and if that’s what they want to call it that’s there prerogative.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Interesting point about the CZ 75. Been a long time since I handled one, but I don't recall noticing that. Something I need to change.

I am curious about what the Lucky Gunner dude would say about the Keltec PF9. It has the hammer he claims is requisite of DAO, but no re-strike ability.

So many different mechanisms.... it's hard to define them all in just a few operating groups.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post

So many different mechanisms.... it's hard to define them all in just a few operating groups.
    That’s sure enough true right there.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/