Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun

Thread: Informative video on P380 mags

Default Informative video on P380 mags

Kahr P380 & CW380 Magazine Issues, Failures, and Fix - Bing video

I had this problem. Slide lockback is not critical to me. I do carry an extra mag but the chance of me getting in a drawn out gunfight where I needed to reload is small. If I can't solve the problem with 7 jacketed hollow points at 71 I am in serious trouble. Dan

Maybe not critical, but its good to have that working. I load and reload by pressing down the slide lock; it feels more reliable and positive than sling shotting the slide. So having the slide lock back when empty is nice. BTW, none of my mags have that round spring loaded thingy. Must be something new.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I pulled my old mag spring and pulled it out maybe a half inch longer and that seemed to help. I then decided to just order some new ones. The new one was a good inch longer than my stretched out old one. Sure is harder to load that sixth round though. Dan EDIT: I carry my gun everyday with 6 in mag and 1 in the chamber. I don't know what is the exact lifespan of a mag spring but I plan to replace every 2 years.
    Last edited by Whaleman; 09-18-2023 at 02:23 PM.