Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal HST Tactical

I only paid.40 cents apiece for regular HST's. Crazy I agree, especially for .380. Probably isn't too much difference between regular and high test. If people want to pay that kind of denaro for their bullets, they'll continue to charge and charge heavily.

20 bucks for a box of 50 premium carry rounds is a very good deal these days. Dan

One other thing I like about these rounds I forgot to add to my list. The case has a very slight and I mean very slight indentation at the bottom of the bullet. I believe this is enough to stop any bullet setback from multiple charging. Dan

You can see it in this photo. The light makes it seem more than it really is. Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like case bulge to me.

I don't know what that is. Dan

Just checked some HP rounds and the 9mm HST has the bulge as does the 380 gold saber and gold dots. In fact the gold dots ar very subject to bullet setback according to my experience. Most of my hand loads experience a slight case bulge.

Bullet setback is not a big worry for me. I clean my P380 and load up 7 rounds and it stays loaded until I shoot and clean again. I always shoot the first 2 of my carry rounds to confirm it would have worked if I had needed it. I then go to cheap rounds. So my chambered carry round is only chambered once. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleman View Post
    Bullet setback is not a big worry for me. I clean my P380 and load up 7 rounds and it stays loaded until I shoot and clean again. I always shoot the first 2 of my carry rounds to confirm it would have worked if I had needed it. I then go to cheap rounds. So my chambered carry round is only chambered once. Dan
    I do the same thing. Generally I shoot the whole carry mag, but shooting the first 2 or 3 would be wiser given today's ammo prices.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just looks to me like the sizing die is a little tight. Nothing unusual.