Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Does Kahr use the same extractor for 9mm and .40 pistols?

Default Does Kahr use the same extractor for 9mm and .40 pistols?

I'm wondering if Kahr uses the same extractor for its 9mm and .40 pistols. Anyone have a 9mm and .40 and a way to measure this?

Thanks in advance.

Why are you asking? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk60 View Post
    Why are you asking? Just curious...
    Some manufacturers use the same extractor for both the 9mm and .40 versions of the same model. An example of this is the S&W M&P auto. Other manufacturers use caliber-specific extractors, for example the Walther PPS and at least some Glocks.

The use of the same extractor for two different calibers has led in some makes and models to extraction difficulties based on tolerance stacking. In some makes and models it seems to work okay and can save money in manufacturing and support costs.

If Kahr uses the same extractor for 9mm and .40 models then it might offer insight if/when someone reports an extraction/feeding/ejection issue. If Kahr uses caliber-specific extractors then this is worthwhile to know in eliminating possible causes of said issue.

That's why I asked.

Looking at the parts schematics on the links here every extractor they list shows a part # 024 which coincides with the parts drawing.
    I do note that in the MK and K they list 9mm & 40 on the same page with no differentiation between the two in regards to the extractor.

The way I read it they both use the same extractor. I assume the same would be true in the P & PM and so forth.

Don't take my word for it, an email to Kahr or a phone call for the non audio challenged would confirm. I'm gonna dig a little deeper myself as I'm curious myself now.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

yes they do..

the gran PooBah is right again. I hope Bawanna knows that when he hits the 4000 post mark, he has to take a 6 month sabatical, to get his life in order and to find some other hobbies to occupy his "free" time. I have been told it is just an automatic thing, that all of a sudden your just dissapear..

It could very well happen and I've had very similar thoughts. I actually had 3500 post as the target but went by so fast I hardly noticed. I thought you didn't keep track of that stuff. I better check the count coach and ease up some.

Also I've been correct 3 times now, maybe even 4 in all those post so for a Missouri dirt farmer drug accross the country against his will to the NW, that's pretty good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by oldtex View Post
    If Kahr uses the same extractor for 9mm and .40 models then it might offer insight if/when someone reports an extraction/feeding/ejection issue.
    Why worry about it? It appears, from the responses here, they use the same extractor. So, unless you plan to machine your own... Not much you can do about it.

If Kahr uses caliber-specific extractors then this is worthwhile to know in eliminating possible causes of said issue.
    Are you really that concerned with Kahr, IF they used different extractors, accidentally putting the wrong one in for a certain caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Looking at the parts schematics on the links here every extractor they list shows a part # 024 which coincides with the parts drawing.
    I do note that in the MK and K they list 9mm & 40 on the same page with no differentiation between the two in regards to the extractor.

The way I read it they both use the same extractor. I assume the same would be true in the P & PM and so forth.

Don't take my word for it, an email to Kahr or a phone call for the non audio challenged would confirm. I'm gonna dig a little deeper myself as I'm curious myself now.
    Bawanna45,

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    yes they do..

the gran PooBah is right again. I hope Bawanna knows that when he hits the 4000 post mark, he has to take a 6 month sabatical, to get his life in order and to find some other hobbies to occupy his "free" time. I have been told it is just an automatic thing, that all of a sudden your just dissapear..
    Jocko, thanks.