Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitting CW9 mag release when shooting

Ebay
    Attached Images Attached Images

And yes there are more references to plastic even on CW models. Who would have thunk it. I may have to pick one up. Will resolve the rust prone catch on my PM9.

Wow. I'm glad I missed that experiment!

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    And yes there are more references to plastic even on CW models. Who would have thunk it. I may have to pick one up. Will resolve the rust prone catch on my PM9.
    Might be worth a try although most people that had the plastic opted to switch to the metal versions. As FreeMe mentioned I think those were only on the very early Kahrs.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sorry, gang... been away dealing with Things.

The pistol in question, my first CW9, so it's quite old, and I bought it second hand, has seen a lot of use.... it's my favorite carry piece.

I swapped my carry piece for one of my newer ones, so it's setting upstairs waiting for a teardown and clean anyway. I'll have a look at the catch when I have it apart. Again, the mag release tension is not as strong as it is with my other 2 CW9's, but there could very well be some wear issues there, too.

As far as the comment about where my thumb is... you must have missed the part about shooting the pistol single-handed. I shoot a 1911 thumb-over... but you certainly can't do that with a Kahr CW9, and my natural single-hand grip puts my thumb right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie98 View Post
    Sorry, gang... been away dealing with Things.

The pistol in question, my first CW9, so it's quite old, and I bought it second hand, has seen a lot of use.... it's my favorite carry piece.

I swapped my carry piece for one of my newer ones, so it's setting upstairs waiting for a teardown and clean anyway. I'll have a look at the catch when I have it apart. Again, the mag release tension is not as strong as it is with my other 2 CW9's, but there could very well be some wear issues there, too.

As far as the comment about where my thumb is... you must have missed the part about shooting the pistol single-handed. I shoot a 1911 thumb-over... but you certainly can't do that with a Kahr CW9, and my natural single-hand grip puts my thumb right there.
    Not trying to criticize, just trying to help....I used to hold my K9 the same way. I even released my mag unintentionally a time or two when doing so. Subsequent training has taught me to not do that. The proper grip (as taught by modern trainers) doesn't put your thumb over the mag release....ever. But it's not just about avoiding the mag release, it's a better grip for accuracy and speed of recoil recovery. It's worth looking into even if your mag release spring needs replacing, because it's transferable to any pistol and it works better.
    Last edited by FreeMe; 11-07-2023 at 02:35 PM.