Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: Good Deal On M&P 9 Police Trade Ins

Default Good Deal On M&P 9 Police Trade Ins

Just got this in my email. Good price if someone wants a full sized 9mm! Sorry Admins if this is being posted in the wrong spot. Please move if so.
    50D9A30F-63CA-4797-AF85-8DCAD38D6576.jpg

Dang, that’s a great deal…..My bedside pistol is a full size gen 2.0 M&P 9mm and it’s my favorite gun to shoot……I put a gen 1 back strap on it which is more rubbery and less sandpaper like the 2.0 feel along with some Big Dot sights and it’s a keeper but I paid a good bit more than 3 bills for it…….Nice find Bird!

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Dang, that’s a great deal…..My bedside pistol is a full size gen 2.0 M&P 9mm and it’s my favorite gun to shoot……I put a gen 1 back strap on it which is more rubbery and less sandpaper like the 2.0 feel along with some Big Dot sights and it’s a keeper but I paid a good bit more than 3 bills for it…….Nice find Bird!
    I had no idea that the back straps were interchangeable! I have the same one as you and you are correct. If I ever needed to sand something in a pinch, I could use the 2.0’s grip.

Nice, I'm wondering if they were on a trade up deal with Smith or they went to another brand like Sig or Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    Nice, I'm wondering if they were on a trade up deal with Smith or they went to another brand like Sig or Glock.
    I’m thinking they had to make sure and spend their budget to make sure they could ask for a bigger budget the next year. Gotta love gubmint waste! I got a G17 gen 4 recently from AIM Surplus. $379! It came in nearly perfect condition. That and those M&P’s are great full size/duty size guns with no legitimate reason other than budget goals for them to get rid of.

When a department transitions to a new gun, they generally trade in all the old ones, some that were in the armory and never issued. One could get lucky.
    Have to remember that the firearms guys like most humans want the latest, bestest, whatever the hype at the time is. They like to mimic FBI, Military, or LA Police. I never could get on board with that. They push the theory that duty guns wear out and need replaced. Most probably see less firing than many civilian guns.
    I went thru 3 transitions as armorer, near drove me nuts. They went thru another transition right as I retired, it had to be the biggest nightmare of them all. Red Dots on all, choice of Glock models as long as they were 9mm. Took me 15 years to get 45's on their belts. The circle is complete.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well you did ‘em good! Too bad you don’t have access to some of them guns prior to their making their trades. Given what places like AIM and Sportsman’s sells them for, and knowing they are making a profit, I bet you could get some crazy good deals.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Well you did ‘em good! Too bad you don’t have access to some of them guns prior to their making their trades. Given what places like AIM and Sportsman’s sells them for, and knowing they are making a profit, I bet you could get some crazy good deals.
    I and a lot of officers bought one of each gun they traded in. The shop we dealt with made it real easy. Being armorer I had a real nice selection. Most officers bought back their own duty gun. I got my choice of what was left. Even got to know who the gun was issued to. The last issued trade in's were Glock 21's. (45). I didn't buy one but the officers bought the one I issued to myself and gave it to me upon retirement. Dept can't give away public funds so the officers guild paid for it.

Got a Beretta 92, had a Beretta 96 that I regret parting with, and the Glock.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Good deal man. Sounds like some nice fringe benefits. Putting up with what I'm sure you had to, you sure earned it!