Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Kahr .45 caliber

Post Your favorite Kahr .45 caliber

Please tell me what Kahr model is your favorite of the .45 Caliber models, and please tell me why.

Thanks.

I'm fond of the PM45 myself. Is small so it's multi functional. I prefer a 1911 on my hip so the PM45 rides nice in an ankle holster. Since retiring and not going where a gun isn't allowed I don't generally wear the ankle rig much. It can also make a handy belt gun for variety. If I was gonna have only one gun (perish the thought) and it was a Kahr I'd probably go a P45. Best to just get them all and have a nice wardrobe.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Only had one, my PM45. I don't think I'd part with it. As the Colonel said, it's small and therefore multifunctional. Great carry piece. And very capable.

A couple of months back I picked up a used CW45 at a LGS. Discovered it had a bit of mileage on it. It shot a little low. Came across a used P 45 last week that look really nice and traded the CW45. Shot it last weekend and it shot nicely, point of impact was where I was aiming. Happy camper. My PM9 has been my go to for some time now. It fills 2 uses ISW and pocket. With cooler Minnesota weather coming I may slide the P45 into rotation.

PM45, but in reality any Kahr P series 45 fits da bill. Kahr 45’s don’t get their just do.

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    A couple of months back I picked up a used CW45 at a LGS. Discovered it had a bit of mileage on it. It shot a little low. Came across a used P 45 last week that look really nice and traded the CW45. Shot it last weekend and it shot nicely, point of impact was where I was aiming. Happy camper. My PM9 has been my go to for some time now. It fills 2 uses ISW and pocket. With cooler Minnesota weather coming I may slide the P45 into rotation.
    So does mileage or lots of use contribute to Kahrs shooting low? Mine are well shot and shoot low but I assumed it is my fault. Time to purchase new and stop printing low.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    So does mileage or lots of use contribute to Kahrs shooting low? Mine are well shot and shoot low but I assumed it is my fault. Time to purchase new and stop printing low.
    I sure wouldn't think mileage would be a factor. Perhaps anticipation of recoil? But your switching to a P and not having an issue kind of ruins that possible theory.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Mr. B my comment was pure sarcasm.

I have the PM45, CW45, and TP45. My favorite is the CW45, as it's small enough for CC, and large enough to feel like a slim full size when firing. I switch to the PM45 if I want that slight reduction in size (it's about the size of the K9). I haven't tried the P45, but I haven't felt the need after getting the CW45.

Some notes... I did bevel the edges that touch the top of the hand when holding (perfect for me). I had the magazine release buttons coated so that they wouldn't rust (lots of outdoor labor in the summer caused rust spots on the originals - I bought new ones and sent them straight to a metal coater).

Probably the most important note... the Kahr 45's have a reputation of having a tight chamber. Although this might be good for accuracy, it means that you really have to verify that your 45 ammo of choice will reliably load and fire. So far, the only ammo that I tried that wouldn't work (didn't even fit into the chamber) was Corbon... tried on all three models. Although I haven't tried all of the different types of ammo from these manufacturers, I've had no issues with Federal, Speer, Winchester, or Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoet View Post
    Please tell me what Kahr model is your favorite of the .45 Caliber models, and please tell me why.

Thanks.
    P45 or CW45 with Officers/compact 1911 magazines (near flush fit). I like the grip's angle and it's length on these pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    I have the PM45, CW45, and TP45. My favorite is the CW45, as it's small enough for CC, and large enough to feel like a slim full size when firing. I switch to the PM45 if I want that slight reduction in size (it's about the size of the K9). I haven't tried the P45, but I haven't felt the need after getting the CW45.

Some notes... I did bevel the edges that touch the top of the hand when holding (perfect for me). I had the magazine release buttons coated so that they wouldn't rust (lots of outdoor labor in the summer caused rust spots on the originals - I bought new ones and sent them straight to a metal coater).

Probably the most important note... the Kahr 45's have a reputation of having a tight chamber. Although this might be good for accuracy, it means that you really have to verify that your 45 ammo of choice will reliably load and fire. So far, the only ammo that I tried that wouldn't work (didn't even fit into the chamber) was Corbon... tried on all three models. Although I haven't tried all of the different types of ammo from these manufacturers, I've had no issues with Federal, Speer, Winchester, or Remington.
    Increasing the freebore in Kahr 45 barrels will pretty much eliminate this. There is some info in regards to this here: https://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread....-CT45&p=421425

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>