Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Picked up a new Savage Stance 9mm

Default Picked up a new Savage Stance 9mm

I picked up a Savage Stance 9mm single stack pistol. It is an upgraded version of the Honor Defense, Honor Guard pistol. Honor Defense has gone out of business and it appears that Savage has either bought the rights and/or tooling. Savage has made the pistol drop safe and it is offered with or without a thumb safety, mine does not have the thumb safety. Honor Defense did a very good job of copying the SIG P320 chassis and FCU. I have shot a Honor Guard and it was a nice gun to shoot. The Savage Stance comes with Glock 43 style sights two backstraps and 2 magazines one 7 rounds and one 8 rounds. The Savage Stance has a crisp trigger that breaks cleanly, the sights are regulated well and the gun worked as it should with no problems. I bought this one from Battlehawk Armory for $199 + $15 S&H to my transfer FFL; for $239 I think it is an outstanding value and I hope to see Savage do more with handguns.
    Last edited by K75RT; 11-16-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K75RT View Post
    I picked up a Savage Stance 9mm single stack pistol. It is an upgraded version of the Honor Defense, Honor Guard pistol. Honor Defense has gone out of business and it appears that Savage has either bought the rights and/or tooling. Savage has made the pistol drop safe and it is offered with or without a thumb safety, mine does not have the thumb safety. Honor Defense did a very good job of copying the SIG P320 chassis and FCU. I have shot a Honor Guard and it was a nice gun to shoot. The Savage Stance comes with Glock 43 style sights two backstraps and 2 magazines one 7 rounds and one 8 rounds. The Savage Stance has a crisp trigger that breaks cleanly, the sights are regulated well and the gun worked as it should with no problems. I bought this one from Battlehawk Armory for $199 + $15 S&H to my transfer FFL; for $239 I think it is an outstanding value and I hope to see Savage do more with handguns.
    Congrats! That gun has a lot going for it. I shot one a while back, do not remember all the details of the gun, but remember it shot very well. I like the fact that it has two back straps with t he thin grip. Personally I also like the fact that you can get a model with a thumb safety. I also prefer the single stacks. A lot of nice guns out there that are over looked and heck of a great deal like the price you paid. I would like to see more post down the road on this gun. Thanks for posting.

Pictures????????

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Pictures????????
    I have yet to reach the 35 postings to be allowed to post off of my laptop; I will try and post from a 3rd party picture posting.
    https://ibb.co/5c7qgHK

Congrats on your new one. That sounds like a heckuva deal!