CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: Tisas

Cool Tisas

Tisas 1911 A1 US Army .45 ACP Pistol 5" 8rds, Cerakote- 1911A1

$599.99 $299.99

or 4 interest-free payments of $75.00 with ⓘ

Black Friday

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sds-...tm_campaign=cl

Last edited by King Rat; 11-19-2023 at 03:16 AM.

Posted this on the 9th. Still on sale...........

Just looked… back to $329. Still a great price in my opinion.

I keep looking at all of those Tisas. They have a bunch of 1911 models! But... I have more guns than I "need" now and still have a few that I haven't shot... including a really nice PA15 with choice parts and a bargain KelTec Sub-2000 from the great deal at PSA, too.

I have many guns, but only carry the P380... and the P40... and I don't really go to the range much since COVID.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I have been watching the Tisa Tank Commander myself, don't need it. Just, kinda want it.
    Last edited by kenemoore; 11-30-2023 at 05:27 AM.
    NRA Benefactor

I have a Tisas 1911A1 it is a virtual clone with a lowered ejection port. I shoot RNL and FMJ 230 through it without a problem. I also have a Girsan 1911A1 stainless with carbon steel safeties, slide release grip safeties, Novak style sights and an adjustable trigger. It runs a full length guide rod and works well with all RNL and FMJ shaped rounds. Both are well made and exhibit very nice quality fit and finishing. The caveat is with feeding hollowpoints, flatpoints, ets.
    I tried some 185gr WC and had decent results in the Girsan; the Tisas not so good. Now I am not blaming the gun but its barrel is not relieved to feed and the magazine is not set to relieve the ctg at the proper angle. These are all items than can be addressed by the buyer. The barrel needs to be throated and the magazines need to be timed to release properly. Both the Tisas and the Girsan are nice looking pistols.

I have a Tisas stainless Regent Hi Power clone and it's flawless. I'm surprised they pulled the plug on it.

In my experience, 1911's that struggle with hollow points, do better with Golden Saber bullets. They have a more rounded nose than others. While not the latest and greatest bullet design, they do better than hard ball. You have to really look, but if you find the bonded ones, they have better performance.

As for Semi wadcutters, supposedly, new hybrid magazine feed lips handle them and ball, but if you can find dedicated SWC magazines, the do work the best.

https://rangehot.com/hybrid-vs-wadcutter-1911-magazine/
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Posted this on the 9th. Still on sale...........
    Still $299 & in stock
    BOB

I bought one of these a few years back at this price. They are a nice shooting pistol and are designed to shoot 230gr ball ammo. I have had good functioning with 230gr lead RN as well as 230gr FPL. Sight are like the issue 1911, but there are several choices for replacements. Mine came with very nicely finished checkered walnut grips.