Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: CW380 oem sight installation

Default CW380 oem sight installation

Can anyone lead me in the right direction on how to install the OEM CW380 front sight, please? I just bought replacement oem sights, the rear is no issue I have a pusher; the front I would appreciate some help and it is sincerely appreciated.

I believe on the value Kahr that the front is staked. Looking at my CW9 it appears that there are 2 posts going through the slide. Mine appears that the plastic posts are melted in place.

K75: I’ve never “swaged” a front sight, but there are youtube vids on it. Being plastic, I would think that a hot rod (not the kind with an engine) would be called for. I’d think it would just be a matter of tapping the sight/posts into the holes in the slide, then pushing the hot rod towards the breech, simultaneously removing the post excess while melting them into place. I could be wrong, but that’s how I would tackle it. Hope something I said helps/makes sense.

Protect the slide with tape or great care, but the sight is a throwaway. Most say just use a pair of pliers to grip the sight and twist it off... carefully without harming the slide.

Now installation is another matter. Get some help with that. I've had only "P" model Kahrs with dove-tailed front sights. I have a Wheeler sight pusher for every kind of sight.

I understand there's some care needed with those little screws so that there's clearance for the action to work. Don't count on just zipping them in there and being fine. There are a lot of posts on that and videos, too.

Speaking of P380 sights... I need to replace my night sights on mine after 13 years... nearly 14... they no longer show up across the room in the dark... pretty dead... not a great problem, but it has become my all-time EDC... until we start travel soon and I strap on my P40. I think that the NS on it are still good because I bought a newer all-black one a long time ago, but I think it's good to go.

To be honest... I got all dressed to leave on our Christmas vacation and went to shove my P40 in it's comfy CrossBreed IWB MiniTuck... it was too tight! Dang! My pants had shrunk! I just grabbed the P380 in its XB MiniTuck and it fit just right. I've been wearing the P380 most of the time since, with few exceptions... depending on where I was going and the "climate".

I did lose a few pounds and can fit the P40, but the P380 is just so easy to carry 24/7. I'm wearing it now... tucked into my shorts with about my 3rd well-worn Uncle Mike's soft IWB holster. I need another one, but his one is so comfy even though there are several worn through areas and I haven't seen another one. This is actually another brand, but a copy, I think, of the UM IWB holster.

I've tried many other holster... have about 8-10, but this still works for me.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".