Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Sellier & Bellot

Default Sellier & Bellot

I have recently bought cases of .45ACP and .40S&W, S&B, JHP ammo for the same price as hard ball. I figured (southern term), why not practice with Hollow Points, if the cost is the same. Just wondering how good of a self defense round it may be. Anyone have any thoughts?
    NRA Benefactor

Back in the normal days before jacked up prices, I always believed in practice with what one carries. Didn't figure I had to shoot 1000's of rounds in practice. After a 100 rounds or so it's pretty much wasted ammo but even then I still shot more just cause I liked it.

I don't know how good S&B JHP ammo is, never tried the stuff but if it runs well, I imagine it'll pretty much ruin a person's day on the receiving end. People carry 380's, how could you go wrong with a 45.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'll have to look for some of that. If the same (or close) to hardball, I'd buy it exclusively and practice more. I've had good luck with S&B range grade stuff, so would not doubt enjoy the jhp's. My fave jhp is Liberty Civil Defense, but it's just too expensive to shoot a bunch of it. I always put a box of it through anything before I carry with it, then a mag at each range visit, but would rather run more. Some carry guns did not chamber a 1st round of it well, but would run it fine after that 1st round. Gonna go look for some of that S&B stuff this weekend. Thanks for the tip!

I've used the S&B in 9mm and had no issues. It's usually one of the lower priced ammos out there..............

I have shot their practice ammo for years, always one of the cheaper options. I prefer it to Blazer.
    But never tried the hollow point stuff. I guess it's gotta be be better than ball for self defense, just not sure how it stacks up against name brand stuff.
    I know it is from the Czechoslovakia and those folks have been making guns and ammo forever.
    NRA Benefactor