Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grandma wants a home defense gun

Exclamation Old School

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    My choice would be good small Ruger SP101 in 38 special with trigger job. Heavy enough to tame recoil with mild 38's and still light enough to carry. Also easy to load and check readiness. Alarm systems are great to get police there AFTER damage is done so that you can have report for insurance company. Good alarm and SP101 would be way to go.
    My parents will never concealed carry.
    They already have a Ruger 4" (Speed or Security?) Six 357.
    Loaded with Federal HST Micro 38+P ammo.
    The trigger is like butter too
    For home defense I'm coming around to thinking that's the best firearm option.
    But have to agree that my mother may well be getting too old to use firearms at all.
    My Dad's a different story.

This presentation says she needs a shotgun

https://youtu.be/6GJ9V-195Hk?si=9fgyCh1VcLkctSQb
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I realize this is a pretty old thread by now, but I'll post my opinion nonetheless.

Last Christmas my wife and I decided to get my mom a self defense pistol, we had a long time to choose and settled on a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ .380, as it's a lightweight (weighs in at just 19 ounces and this is important for someone who may have difficulty holding a heavier gun), easy-to-use pistol that's perfect for someone with small hands or limited hand strength. It's also very reliable and has a comfortable grip.

At first she didn't use it, and then we saw her shooting at cans in the field behind our farm