CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No caliber war.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    No Mano Mano here. And I’m with you on everything you said.

Here you go, I’ll start something else. I just ordered another budget AR (even though I don’t need one) just because you never know when we might no longer be able to get them and they’re cheap right now. Might get another one next month if the price is still right. Probably need to get some more mags too.
    Already happened to us in Washington. No AR's to be sold. Hoping when our governor is gone and hopefully our Attorney General doesn't become governor we can turn all this crap back to normal and get back on track. I'm hopeful but not totally optimistic.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    You know we love you Colonel, but I’m starting a pool.

I remember a guy one time who was known as Bawanna 45 who was a 1911 guy in .45 cal. I believe he recently started carrying a 9mm 1911. Anybody want to estimate when he will have a Colt government 1911 style in .380. Place your bets before the opportunity closes.

The Colonel carrying a Pip squeak 9MM? A 1911 9mm?

I know I'm semi ashamed of myself. It's like when I got my F word van at first. I got tired of driving around with a paper sack over my head so nobody would know it was me. Helped some when I cut out some eye holes but not much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Already happened to us in Washington. No AR's to be sold. Hoping when our governor is gone and hopefully our Attorney General doesn't become governor we can turn all this crap back to normal and get back on track. I'm hopeful but not totally optimistic.
    Dang, I did not know you lived in Communist held territory. So what is the most popular rifle now for Protection against the Commi's? Mini 14 would seem to be a good choice. A good lever action would be also. Love your Henry. I have a 22 Octagon. Thinking about one in another caliber. I have a AR now, but also thinking about a different caliber in that as well. I have a feeling the Commi's are going to ban 5.56 Thankfully, I have many shotguns.

I am only able to pocket a tiny 380 at work (business slacks) or it would still be a CW9 in my pocket. All other times there is a 9 or 45 on my hip, but that 380 is still in the pocket, just in case the 9 or 45 poops out. Then at least I got sumthin. I would not want to be shot by a ball ammo 380 at close range. Less so by a well placed shot. I’ve shot them clean through well aged 2x4’s and don’t think my skull is quite as hard as one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Dang, I did not know you lived in Communist held territory. So what is the most popular rifle now for Protection against the Commi's? Mini 14 would seem to be a good choice. A good lever action would be also. Love your Henry. I have a 22 Octagon. Thinking about one in another caliber. I have a AR now, but also thinking about a different caliber in that as well. I have a feeling the Commi's are going to ban 5.56 Thankfully, I have many shotguns.
    Well they also implemented 10 round mag limits (again). Had it before and it expired and wasn't renewed. Now they are back again. I have a Mini 14, and my AR, seldom shoot either. Actually had the AR for probably 6 or 7 years and bet it don't have a 100 rounds thru it. Many more thru the Mini 14 which I've had for probably 40 years or more but seldom shoot these days. I got lots of mags for the AR, could use another case or two of ammo to fill them all up.
    Truthfully I'd probably grab my Ruger PC (yes in 9) before either of the first two. It's handy size, takes Glock mags and is accurate. Not that the others aren't. Guess babysitting 40 AR's during my PD days burned me out on them, not sure. Or maybe lack of a wood stock or too tiny a hole in the barrel.

I have a 45/70 Henry that matches that little 22 perfectly. I like Lever guns a lot too. Heck I like everything that goes bang. Some more than others I guess.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

We should all be reminded that WW1 was started with a .380 and RFK was assassinated with a .22.

The Archduke and RFK weren’t adrenaline-stoked thugs ready to shoot back, though.

All handgun calibers suck! Carry a 30-06 or nuttin’!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Well they also implemented 10 round mag limits (again). Had it before and it expired and wasn't renewed. Now they are back again. I have a Mini 14, and my AR, seldom shoot either. Actually had the AR for probably 6 or 7 years and bet it don't have a 100 rounds thru it. Many more thru the Mini 14 which I've had for probably 40 years or more but seldom shoot these days. I got lots of mags for the AR, could use another case or two of ammo to fill them all up.
    Truthfully I'd probably grab my Ruger PC (yes in 9) before either of the first two. It's handy size, takes Glock mags and is accurate. Not that the others aren't. Guess babysitting 40 AR's during my PD days burned me out on them, not sure. Or maybe lack of a wood stock or too tiny a hole in the barrel.

I have a 45/70 Henry that matches that little 22 perfectly. I like Lever guns a lot too. Heck I like everything that goes bang. Some more than others I guess.

I understand completely, I bought a really nice AR-15 a couple years back because I figured they would outlaw them or the mags but I have never fell in love with the AR platform as a usable rifle…..For Christmas this year my son gave me a three point sling for it which I’m still trying to figure out how to adjust the length so as not to choke myself out getting it over my head to a somewhat comfortable carrying, shooting position…….As much as I try to love that rifle it seems awkward and hard to use for me unlike my favorite rifle, an older Marlin 336 30-30 which is smooth as butter and with a simple basic leather strap works fine all day in the woods……Guess I’m just old school, I like simple things that work………

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    I understand completely, I bought a really nice AR-15 a couple years back because I figured they would outlaw them or the mags but I have never fell in love with the AR platform as a usable rifle…..For Christmas this year my son gave me a three point sling for it which I’m still trying to figure out how to adjust the length so as not to choke myself out getting it over my head to a somewhat comfortable carrying, shooting position…….As much as I try to love that rifle it seems awkward and hard to use for me unlike my favorite rifle, an older Marlin 336 30-30 which is smooth as butter and with a simple basic leather strap works fine all day in the woods……Guess I’m just old school, I like simple things that work………
    I think a really nice 5.56 caliber rifle is the Ruger mini 14. Son #1 has one and with the classic wood stock it is just plain nice. But they sure come at a premium price compared to some other rifles.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/