CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No caliber war.

Default No caliber war.

Deleted. No intention of starting a caliber war. My bad.
    Last edited by King Rat; 12-25-2023 at 02:04 PM.

Why anyone even considers a 380 for defense in any size or configuration is a huge mystery to me.

Save the caliber wars, I change my mind on a lot of things but never this.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

As my old friend Andy G., used to say, any handgun, any caliber, beats a pointy stick.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Why anyone even considers a 380 for defense in any size or configuration is a huge mystery to me.

Have to admit I like my Ruger LCP II 380 for a deep cover backup gun.
    It's just so tiny, flat and lite.
    I can literally slip it in a shirt pocket and roll - LOL!
    Or in shorts running around the apartment works too.

But I certainly feel much more comfortable with an air weight J-Frame 38 in that role

Guess I'm still old school in some ways though.
    Even 9mm seems underpowered for a primary weapon.
    I continue to carry 357 Sig with full power Underwood GDHPs

380acp especially with ball ammo will do the job and has no problem putting down an attacker. The simple reason people choose 380acp is because they have physical limitations do to injury or age, so 22lr or 380acp are the logical options. You'll notice that the S&W EZ and other 380s are designed to even have easier to rack slides as well purposely to make them ideal defensive tools for those with limitations.

For others, it's for when they need lightweight deep concealment. It's just that simple. When nothing else can be concealed and/or if weight is a major concern, one can still be armed with 6+1 rounds that will be able to penetrate and kill an attacker, or if nothing else, make him rethink his decisions.

FYI: Because J-frames were brought up, a LCP and other small 380s are considerably smaller in all dimensions while having 2 extra rounds. Even the LCP 9 Max is smaller in width, length, height, and almost 4 onces in weight (unloaded) than an Air Weight J-frame while offering 10+1 capacity (over twice the capacity).

It should be very understandable why people choose 380acp for self-defense purposes.

You know we love you Colonel, but I’m starting a pool.

I remember a guy one time who was known as Bawanna 45 who was a 1911 guy in .45 cal. I believe he recently started carrying a 9mm 1911. Anybody want to estimate when he will have a Colt government 1911 style in .380. Place your bets before the opportunity closes.

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    380acp especially with ball ammo will do the job and has no problem putting down an attacker. The simple reason people choose 380acp is because they have physical limitations do to injury or age, so 22lr or 380acp are the logical options. You'll notice that the S&W EZ and other 380s are designed to even have easier to rack slides as well purposely to make them ideal defensive tools for those with limitations.

For others, it's for when they need lightweight deep concealment. It's just that simple. When nothing else can be concealed and/or if weight is a major concern, one can still be armed with 6+1 rounds that will be able to penetrate and kill an attacker, or if nothing else, make him rethink his decisions.

FYI: Because J-frames were brought up, a LCP and other small 380s are considerably smaller in all dimensions while having 2 extra rounds. Even the LCP 9 Max is smaller in width, length, height, and almost 4 onces in weight (unloaded) than an Air Weight J-frame while offering 10+1 capacity (over twice the capacity).

It should be very understandable why people choose 380acp for self-defense purposes.
    I carried an LCP for years when I could carry nothing else. I’ve migrated to a semi full size higher capacity 9mm now since I retired. Try to carry nothing any smaller than that these days. I would still carry the LCP if there was no other way to carry anything else. I really like the full size grip I can get on the bigger guns now over even something like the sig p365 with an extended mag. I guess I’m in the carry a bigger gun and who cares if it prints camp.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

My point was if a person is ok with a 380, something the size of the LCP or Kahr etc kind of makes sense. Small easy to hide and almost like it's not even there which it might as well not be. My point is why carry a large gun like a 1911 or any of the larger plastic fantastics in 380 when for the same size one can get a 9mm.
    I'd like to get in on the pool but kind of reluctant. Any benefit I might incur would only show up upon my demise.
    I'm glad you love me though. Hopefully not in any mano on mano way ya know?

For those who are fine and dandy with a 380, carry on. A lot of gun benefit is just confidence in what you carry. Be safe.

And King Rat I didn't intend to imply that you started a caliber war. If any one did it was probably me as usual. Not a war, maybe just a skirmish.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My point was if a person is ok with a 380, something the size of the LCP or Kahr etc kind of makes sense. Small easy to hide and almost like it's not even there which it might as well not be. My point is why carry a large gun like a 1911 or any of the larger plastic fantastics in 380 when for the same size one can get a 9mm.
    I'd like to get in on the pool but kind of reluctant. Any benefit I might incur would only show up upon my demise.
    I'm glad you love me though. Hopefully not in any mano on mano way ya know?

For those who are fine and dandy with a 380, carry on. A lot of gun benefit is just confidence in what you carry. Be safe.

And King Rat I didn't intend to imply that you started a caliber war. If any one did it was probably me as usual. Not a war, maybe just a skirmish.
    No Mano Mano here. And I’m with you on everything you said.

Here you go, I’ll start something else. I just ordered another budget AR (even though I don’t need one) just because you never know when we might no longer be able to get them and they’re cheap right now. Might get another one next month if the price is still right. Probably need to get some more mags too.

Visit here:

I carry a P365-380 everywhere I go. While it’s not any smaller than the same pistol in 9mm the carry weight is about 6 ounces less. I shoot it faster and more accurately than the 9mm version.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.