Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No caliber war.

You should of heard the officers when I told them one time if it was up to me, they'd all have Winchester 94's in their gun racks. I was serious.
    I think the thing with the AR is it's like Mr. Potato Head, all the crap you can hang on one. They start out light, relatively handy, but hang everything including a cup holder on them and thing head south. Course LE and military want all that gizmo's and gadgets they can get.
    Granted I have a lot of stuff on mine but I don't plan to carry to battle. It'll got to battle outside my home if the need arrives.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I never owned an AR until I thought Hillary might get elected. Bought it, 1000 rounds of ammo, and (5) 30 round magazines. So far, I have never shot it. I do shoot my AK every now and then, mostly because I loaded up on cheap Russian ammo.

A guy told me AR's are like Barbie dolls for men. You are always swapping out the accessories.
    NRA Benefactor

I kind of like the ergonomics of the AR. But I prefer the look and feel of the Mini 14.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You should of heard the officers when I told them one time if it was up to me, they'd all have Winchester 94's in their gun racks. I was serious.
    I think the thing with the AR is it's like Mr. Potato Head, all the crap you can hang on one. They start out light, relatively handy, but hang everything including a cup holder on them and thing head south. Course LE and military want all that gizmo's and gadgets they can get.
    Granted I have a lot of stuff on mine but I don't plan to carry to battle. It'll got to battle outside my home if the need arrives.
    When my son came back from Iraq, his goal was to continue with other combat schools where he would need to use the AR to continue qualifying. I asked him if he wanted a AR and he said ONLY if it was totally Spec. No fancy trigger, nothing that I would not use in Military issue. I did get him a simple PSA for $500.00. He surpised both his Mother and myself and told us he will not re-up this July. Actually this Proud Troop feels that he is not supported by his Country.
    Just saw where the Military Recruiters announced they missed their recruitment goal by 41,000. And they attributed it to the Biden Admin and the total crap that is going on.
    He gave me back the AR. I most likely will sell it and buy a lever action if possible. Heck, even a bolt action in 223 would for me be a better choice. Guess I am a Fudd. That is OK. (But a Proud, American flag waving Fudd for sure)

It may not be long before they are banned. If Biden wins, it will be over for that platform.

I personally don't even own and AR.
    All my rifles run iron sights except one.
    Did put a Bushnell TRS-25 on my AK74 just to see what all the fuss was about.
    It's 100% co-witness with the existing irons.

I dig the AR’s, but like some here, love the looks and feel of a mini 14. So cool with a folder! Heck, if it was good enough for the A Team, must be good. : ) I had the newer one at some point, with the thicker barrel, but let it go. If I ever get one again, it would have to be that newer version with the thicker barrel.
    In SHTF scenario’s though, like the Colonel, I’m grabbing my folded AR9. That and a compensated Glock 17. They take the same mags, and with the wife & son all being outfitted the same, we can toss each other mags if needed. We each have an AR9, a compensated Glock 17 (all police trade-in’s got at a great price) and multiple 17 rounders in our kits (along with a few of the 33 rounders each too).

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I personally don't even own and AR.
    All my rifles run iron sights except one.
    Did put a Bushnell TRS-25 on my AK74 just to see what all the fuss was about.
    It's 100% co-witness with the existing irons.
    Im with you on the iron sights and have them on my guns. But old age is catching up to me fast and I just can’t see like I did, so I’ve hade to do the red dot thing on some rifles, but they all cowitness with the remaining irons. I’ve been pondering a low power optic, maybe 1-4, to see how it works out. Fortunately AR peep style sights are still pretty usable for my eyes, but my guns with sights like your ak74 I just can’t see any more because the rear sight is too far away from my eyes. 👀
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    When my son came back from Iraq, his goal was to continue with other combat schools where he would need to use the AR to continue qualifying. I asked him if he wanted a AR and he said ONLY if it was totally Spec. No fancy trigger, nothing that I would not use in Military issue. I did get him a simple PSA for $500.00. He surpised both his Mother and myself and told us he will not re-up this July. Actually this Proud Troop feels that he is not supported by his Country.
    Just saw where the Military Recruiters announced they missed their recruitment goal by 41,000. And they attributed it to the Biden Admin and the total crap that is going on.
    He gave me back the AR. I most likely will sell it and buy a lever action if possible. Heck, even a bolt action in 223 would for me be a better choice. Guess I am a Fudd. That is OK. (But a Proud, American flag waving Fudd for sure)

It may not be long before they are banned. If Biden wins, it will be over for that platform.
    I'm hankering for a 6.5 Creedmore. Heard really good things about it. A bolt action for me as well.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'd love one of these...........

I'd love the one in wood. Almost got one right before the big change. Could get them for around 700. Next day almost 3 times that much. Fella I knew from another department bought 6. Couldn't talk him out of one. Haven't been able to pull one off yet but it ain't over yet.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan