CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: January Jubilations

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I grew up watching any Western that was aired, due to my pop’s love of ‘em. Also read a few of his Louis L’Amour books, which he had stacks and stacks of. Yes, those hearken to better times.
    I can’t believe how many times I try to start a movie or show these days, only to quickly lose interest. They’ll wait until the 2nd, 3rd episode, or part way through something that started out to be rather good, only to then slip in gayness, wokeness, etc. and I lose interest.
    My dad and I were and are devout Louis L/Amour fans. He thought he had every book he wrote, had them numbered. I've found a few he didn't have. My son had to do a book report in school, teacher said not good they are all alike. Changed her mind when I sent her a copy of Last of the Breed. About time to reread them again, been a long time. I agree on TV, with the hundreds of channels, and Netflix and Paramount and all of them, sometimes I can't find a thing worth watching. Used to be able to search for old movies but that don't seem to work anymore. And now worst of all started on the 1st a local channel that had Rawhide, High Chapparal, and Cheyenne every morning, now has some foreign language show. It's just not right. I need my Rowdy Yates in the morning ya know? I'm sending a message to DISH right this moment.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I just happen to be watching The Rifleman, one of my favorites when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in a few years but they are finally showing it on one of the stations we get. My wife has been watching Wagon Train and has most of the recorded. We did the same with Wells Fargo, Alias Smith and Jones, and a few others. There's not much on TV anymore, but we do watch a number of old westerns on a couple of channels. I forget the name of it, but we watched an old John Wayne movie last night made in 1941 where he is a moonshiner. Watched it a number of years ago and it is still a good movie. Even watched True Grit a couple of nights ago.

As to the original post, one movie I can never pass up is The Cowboys. I think my mom brought me and my brothers to see it in the theaters when we were kids. Another on is Jerimiah Johnson. Love both of those movies.

My Western repertoire is kinda weird. Blazing Saddles, Kung Fu, The Harvey Girls (“…On the Acheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe…”), True Grit, to name a few. Bonanza and Ponderosa were in syndication at 7pm I think, when I was a kid. F-Troop?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Las Vegas judge attacked in the courtroom….

https://www.reddit.com/r/vegaslocals...oard/index.php
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Punch & Judy?

I’ll watch most any Duke movie but my personal favorite is “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” with The Duke, Ja Ja Ja Jimmy Stewart along with Lee Marvin in one of his best bad guys roles as Valance, great movie but also love the Duke’s last film “The Shootist”…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ72HyzeS40

Ya’ll are giving me some good one’s to look up. I’ve seen most of what has been mentioned, and some I need to watch again if I can find them. Also a few that I have not heard of or don’t remember. Thanks for the recommendations.

Colonel, good luck with the DISH service!
    I think there’s still a few of those Louis books up at my pop’s place, in a back room stacked amongst stacks of all kinds of other stuff. I don’t think he will make it too much longer. When that time comes, I only want a few things outta there and those books are one of them.

Army, That was crazy! Liked the “flying squirrel” references in the comments. Hope they throw away the key.

Classic Westerns on TV -
    The Rifleman
    Wanted Dead or Alive
    Branded
    Gunsmoke
    Bonanza
    The Big Valley
    Just off the top of my head

As others have said - Just about any John Wayne / Clint Eastwood movie.
    And an underrated and little known personal favorite is Duel at Diablo.
    Last edited by Barth; 01-04-2024 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Classic Westerns on TV -
    The Rifleman
    Wanted Dead or Alive
    Branded
    Gunsmoke
    Bonanza
    The Big Valley
    Just off the top of my head

As others have said - Just about any John Wayne / Clint Eastwood movie.
    And an underrated and little known personal favorite is Duel at Diablo.
    Ah, James Garner… Loved Rockford Files too! If you asked me as a teen who my favorite actor was, it was him. Partially because of his being a tough guy (although he had played some goofy, whimpy role parts at times) with a cool car, but also because my Dad looked soooo much like him.
    I’ve seen The Rifleman mentioned a few times. I was once sick with a nasty cold that had me in bed for about 2 weeks straight (I don’t go to doctors unless I’m about to die) so I binge watched every episode from start to finish. Being able to watch on demand would be one of the few benefits of living in “the modern age” in my opinion.