CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: January Jubilations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I just happen to be watching The Rifleman, one of my favorites when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in a few years but they are finally showing it on one of the stations we get. My wife has been watching Wagon Train and has most of the recorded. We did the same with Wells Fargo, Alias Smith and Jones, and a few others. There's not much on TV anymore, but we do watch a number of old westerns on a couple of channels. I forget the name of it, but we watched an old John Wayne movie last night made in 1941 where he is a moonshiner. Watched it a number of years ago and it is still a good movie. Even watched True Grit a couple of nights ago.

As to the original post, one movie I can never pass up is The Cowboys. I think my mom brought me and my brothers to see it in the theaters when we were kids. Another on is Jerimiah Johnson. Love both of those movies.

My Western repertoire is kinda weird. Blazing Saddles, Kung Fu, The Harvey Girls (“…On the Acheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe…”), True Grit, to name a few. Bonanza and Ponderosa were in syndication at 7pm I think, when I was a kid. F-Troop?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    My Western repertoire is kinda weird. Blazing Saddles, Kung Fu, The Harvey Girls (“…On the Acheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe…”), True Grit, to name a few. Bonanza and Ponderosa were in syndication at 7pm I think, when I was a kid. F-Troop?
    I'm from the same era. My sibs and I can still sing parts of the F-Troop theme song, and we had many opportunities on our family trips to quote the medicine man on how the tribe got their name: "Where the Hek-awi?"
    I enjoyed Rawhide (Clint Eastwood).
    Don't know why my folks took us to the theatre to see From Noon Till Three (Charles Bronson), but I was smitten with Jill Ireland. We also saw Winterhawk (vague memories of that one), and Blazing Saddles. Mel Brooks claims that the "You're sucking on my elbow" line was left on the cutting room floor, but it was included in the version that we saw that day in the theatre.

Quigley Down Under & Unforgiven are modern flicks that I occasionally re-watch
    Joss Wedon's Firelfy is my favorite space western.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    I’ll watch most any Duke movie but my personal favorite is “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” with The Duke, Ja Ja Ja Jimmy Stewart along with Lee Marvin in one of his best bad guys roles as Valance, great movie but also love the Duke’s last film “The Shootist”…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ72HyzeS40
    I thought Jack Palance played Liberty Valance?

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    I'm from the same era. My sibs and I can still sing parts of the F-Troop theme song, and we had many opportunities on our family trips to quote the medicine man on how the tribe got their name: "Where the Hek-awi?"
    I enjoyed Rawhide (Clint Eastwood).
    Don't know why my folks took us to the theatre to see From Noon Till Three (Charles Bronson), but I was smitten with Jill Ireland. We also saw Winterhawk (vague memories of that one), and Blazing Saddles. Mel Brooks claims that the "You're sucking on my elbow" line was left on the cutting room floor, but it was included in the version that we saw that day in the theatre.

Quigley Down Under & Unforgiven are modern flicks that I occasionally re-watch
    Joss Wedon's Firelfy is my favorite space western.
    Not really a Western, but City Slickers was pretty good. And Jack Palance did play a good role in it, (perhaps his last?).
    How about Johhny Yuma was a Rebel? Not the name of it, but lyrics from the theme song.
    Also liked The Guns of Will Sonnett (No brag, just fact).
    High Chapparal
    The Virginian
    Big Valley
    and most Duke movies, Western and otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    most Duke movies, Western and otherwise.
    From the otherwise category - Hellfighters

Like everybody else here john wayne movies, el dorado, rio bravo, the comancheros, the undefeated to name a few. Also like a lot of the audie murphy, jimmy stewart, randolph scott movies and more as well. Could keep going but too many to list.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

[QUOTE=dao;441723]I thought Jack Palance played Liberty Valance?

Not really a Western, but City Slickers was pretty good. And Jack Palance did play a good role in it, (perhaps his last?).
    How about Johhny Yuma was a Rebel? Not the name of it, but lyrics from the theme song.
    Also liked The Guns of Will Sonnett (No brag, just fact).
    High Chapparal
    The Virginian
    Big Valley
    and most Duke movies, Western and otherwise.[/QUOT

It was Lee Marvin in one of his best roles……..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fikOfVm4_9g

Another great early Duke film from 1944 is “Tall in the Saddle”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNK_STOxszs

Las Vegas judge attacked in the courtroom….

https://www.reddit.com/r/vegaslocals...oard/index.php
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling