Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Hello Old Friend

Default Hello Old Friend

I gotta admit. I strayed. I carried a SIG P365SAS for most of last year. Just felt like the right thing to do, although I've been a late comer to the 9MM party. Even with the 365 in a Vedder holster, it just never seemed as comfortable as it should be. So a couple of weeks ago I opened the gun vault, grabbed my faithful CW40 and a spare magazine and slipped them on. Just feels right. Still disappears under the shirt, even with tucked in dress shirts and polos for work. Much easier to pocket carry the single stack magazine too.

Funny thing is, the CW40 is bigger in length and height than the SAS. Not sure what causes the difference in comfort, but it is definitely noticeable for me.

Anyone else have a similar epiphany?

I can't explain it my own self. I too carried a Sig 365 for quite a spell for part of last year, then I got a 9mm 1911. I am not a 9mm kind of guy, but that 1911 after switching back and forth just felt and carried better for me, seems to hide under an untucked shirt just as well. Today for some unknown reason I decided to put the 9mm 1911 in the safe and went back to one of my beloved 45 1911's. Know what? It feels great, no explaining it. I don't have an alloy frame 45 like the 9mm but the little extra weight at least for now isn't a bad thing.
    I know shooting the alloy frame 45 will be a bit more lively but I might try to track one down when the piggy bank refills and if I can get past all our insane new gun laws. Happy New Year.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I found shooting 200 grain Sig Hollow Points shoots real nice in my S@W 1911 SC. Better than the 230 grains.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I gotta admit. I strayed. I carried a SIG P365SAS for most of last year. Just felt like the right thing to do, although I've been a late comer to the 9MM party. Even with the 365 in a Vedder holster, it just never seemed as comfortable as it should be. So a couple of weeks ago I opened the gun vault, grabbed my faithful CW40 and a spare magazine and slipped them on. Just feels right. Still disappears under the shirt, even with tucked in dress shirts and polos for work. Much easier to pocket carry the single stack magazine too.

Funny thing is, the CW40 is bigger in length and height than the SAS. Not sure what causes the difference in comfort, but it is definitely noticeable for me.

Anyone else have a similar epiphany?
    I've owned 9mm's in the past, but usually only one at a time. I've been carrying an APX A1 compact around for a few months. I've got a decent holster for it and it's light and comfortable. The other day, I took out the SP101 with a JIT holster, and for me, it's the most comfortable setup to date. Even though there is an 8 oz. weight difference, it fits so snug that I can wear any type clothing. Rides a bit higher so not to interfere in bending, stooping, etc. It's a great thing to have choices and even greater when you find " the firearm ". Sometimes you just need a change to remind you about what you already knew.................

What's old is new again.

Truthfully, the Honeymoon between my CW9... CW9's... hasn't abated, we are still very much in love.