Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Weight of Loaded Carry Guns

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    When Dad got a little older he lived in Saint Joe next door to Jessie James house. He said when they were kids they had people taking tours threw James house for the WHOPPING cost of 10 cents. My Dads mom was from Union Star, she was allegedly White Clouds daughter. Her chosen maiden name was Pheby Bird. Wife and I went there to search family tree and got to go through all the old city records. We were told that all Indian related records were "scrubbed" because the decedents didn't want to be put on the reservation. It was cool going through the old files, got to look at Jessie James family info.
    The cool part of our research trip was at the County Seat Historical Society I met a Great Aunt who just happened to be there from Laredo Texas also looking at family history. Our family was on FRONT PAGE NEWS in Saint Joe Newspaper about their WAGON TRAIN that moved there from Indiana in 1852 with over a dozen wagons.
    She was able to give me the names in family tree that allowed me to find the BEGINNING of the family name in Rayhem England. The family name started in 1062.

https://raynhamhall.com/
    Interesting, and my Grandma’s family (the Wickards) also migrated there from Indiana sometime soon after she was born in the Hoosier State in 1893.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    ... I don't know if Kramer is still around but I like their holsters also.
    I purchased a Kramer HorseHide "Belt Scabbard" for my K9 a couple of years ago, for the 1.25" belt I wear with my dress pants and suit pants. I love this holster! It is thin and light (but still stiff) and has a perfect (for me) cant for the 9:00 position I wear it. It doesn't have a thumb break, though, and I prefer a thumb break.

A few months after I purchased the above holster, I learned that Kramer will make a thumb break by special order--so I special-ordered a Scabbard with thumb break for my Sig Sauer M11-A1. I much prefer my (more substantial) lined Mitch Rosen thumb break pancake holster for my M11-A1, though. I prefer its (steeper) rake for the (larger) M11-A1, and I prefer its much more stout construction for the heavier M11-A1 (especially when configured as 357SIG, which is my usual configuration for it).

rx7sig

Many prefer a thumb break and of course I have no issue with it. Myself I always figured a thumb break was a fix to secure a poorly fitting holster. (Would not be the case with Kramer or Mitch Rosen) I always hated duty holsters as you had to hit 3 buttons, rub your head and pat your belly to get the dang gun out. I'd prefer a spring in the bottom that detects when I need the gun and it meets my hand halfway.
    Of course, the exception to this mind set would be if one open carried, which I never ever do. When it's out there for the bad guys to see, I want it locked down and hard to grab. Also why I wear a little bowie on my left side. I call it my get off me knife. Grab my gun, they get the knife, gotta hurt ya know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I really like ballistic nylon OWB pancake holsters worn cross-draw.
    Really don't like a thumb break or other retention stuff.
    I never open carry and am not LE.
    So I don't anticipate rolling on the ground or chasing someone with my gun.
    Prefer simple quick draw access with a good fitting holster/belt

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Many prefer a thumb break and of course I have no issue with it. Myself I always figured a thumb break was a fix to secure a poorly fitting holster. (Would not be the case with Kramer or Mitch Rosen) I always hated duty holsters as you had to hit 3 buttons, rub your head and pat your belly to get the dang gun out. I'd prefer a spring in the bottom that detects when I need the gun and it meets my hand halfway.
    Of course, the exception to this mind set would be if one open carried, which I never ever do. When it's out there for the bad guys to see, I want it locked down and hard to grab. Also why I wear a little bowie on my left side. I call it my get off me knife. Grab my gun, they get the knife, gotta hurt ya know.
    I’ve bought a few Triple K thumb break holsters for some of my Ruger wheel guns.
    Not too bad if they are sale priced.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Interesting, and my Grandma’s family (the Wickards) also migrated there from Indiana sometime soon after she was born in the Hoosier State in 1893.

Our family came to Massachusetts first, [from England], then North Carolina onto Indiana and next to Missouri. Interesting how my dad went back to Massachusetts [where i'm from]. He met my Mom there when he was at Fort Deven's in Mass. It's a small world.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I always used a thumb break holster when riding my motorcycle as a way to keep it from flying out on the road.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!