Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowmagedden

Now you've done it. Not snow, but temperatures in the teens overnight. We Sandlappers are not equipped for this kind of weather. Gonna be lots of busted pipes this week.
    NRA Benefactor

Sorry fellas! In the 70’s down here and still in shorts and t-shirt. Now would be a good time to clean and polish them guns you’ve been puttin off!
    Seriously tho, hope you all are warm and not having any power issues. After the hurricanes last year (opposite issue with heat/sweating) we had no power for a while. Misery!

IMG_20240314_183825.jpg

This was taken this morning, about 20 inches or so. Hard to get an exact number as the wind has been blowing so lower in some areas and higher in others. This is about the middle of the storm as it started yesterday late afternoon and supposed to finish up tomorrow afternoon. The driveway was most clear, just a few patches of ice that don't get much sun. Plenty of snow on the ground before this current storm. I don't mind that snow, just the stuff on the driveway. The driveway is about 100 yards long as an FYI. Real fun to clear that much snow. At least I have a snow blower for the chore.

I cleared everything around the vehicles and in front of the garage right after this pic. Will get out again tomorrow to clear everything after the snow stops. Another four inches fell from when I started until I finished today, and supposed to get another 4-8 inches until tomorrow afternoon. Temps aren't bad, low 20's all day, so no melting which is nice. This is the most we've had this winter, but we aren't close to being done with winter. That happens late May to early June. Just part of the fun living in the Colorado mountains!

We've had that kind of snow once in a great while. Haven't had any hardly at all this year. Now that I don't have to drive off our hellish hill to work. I like to look at it, don't mind driving in it except for all the people that don't know how in my way. You got a lot. Pretty picture.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

74 and sunny here in Atlanta today, I don’t know but I’ve heard that “Delta is ready when you are”……….

Cut my grass for the first time this season. Was contemplating turning on the AC.
    Most folks around here, have never laid eyes on a snow shovel. Me like.
    NRA Benefactor

I think we have gotten around 7 or 8 inches this winter.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

We had a mild winter last year, and another this year. Besides a couple of 10" falls, pretty tame for this neck of the woods. We've had extreme fire warnings because of the winds and drier conditions. Looking at another drought, I fear. Not enough snow to make up for last year. I don't know if the rainfall will catch us up. I don't like to spend half my time watering the garden, even though the end results are good.

Encountered some of my wife's handiwork while clearing stumps in the upper field last weekend.
    Her daffodils have been cheering up the lower driveway for the last few weeks.
    Hope we get more rain, but spring has sprung in the Silicon Valley.

image001.jpg

A week or so ago, we had to go down to Colorado Springs for something and had to put the a/c on in the car. The temp was all the way up to 55! I don't know how anyone could survive in the blistering heat.

And, no, we don't have a/c in the house. I think living at 9100 feet in elevation might have something to do with it, I think?