Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowmagedden

My nephew built his second home near Leadville at 10,000’ altitude. He has to sleep with an oxygen machine at night, but the altitude doesn’t bother his wife.
    He is up there right now for SpringgBreak with his whole family of 14 packed into the 3 bedroom house.
    Nice view out the back though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Beautiful view. Amazing how different our lives can be be depending on where we live. I can imagine life without a heater, but without a/c, death would soon follow.

Yes, but how about life without your state bird, er, skeeters?

I tell you, I have travelled all over these united states. Travelled for a living for many years.
    In my opinion, southern California has the best weather. Stationed there for almost 3 years, rained about every 6 months, 80's in the summer, 60's in the winter. Sunny all the time. I was dating a gal, that put her car heater on when the temperature dropped to 65F. What a life.
    But I cannot tolerate the politics,(or the price now) so not an option for me.

However, one of my buds in the Navy, hated southern California. Per him.. no seasons, he missed his Minnesota winters. Bless his heart.
    NRA Benefactor

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

When you are born and raised in an area that has four REAL seasons and you move to an area that doesn't, you truly miss those four seasons. I was born and raised in Colorado, and could ski and ride a horse before I could ride a bike. I taught myself, through a lot of trial and error, to ride a bike when I was around 4. Learned myself while my two older brothers were at school I believe.

After high school, I went in the Navy and finally graduated from that outfit after almost 26 years. In those years I was stationed in VA, CA three times, WA, MS twice, and FL. None of those had what I considered four seasons. It would snow a little in VA, a bit more in WA, but not in the other areas. Spent more than a few years overseas on five different ships. The only real winter I saw during those overseas excursions was in the North Atlantic in Jan and off the coast of Korea in the winter months. Even had a snowball fight on the flight deck while at sea off Korea.

The first time I was stationed in San Diego, it was great for the first couple of years. Then one gets to missing the seasons. Went skiing in Big Bear a couple of times, but it was nothing like winter. Man made ice crystals they tried to pass off as snow, temp in the 50s/60s, short sleeve tee shirts. I love all the seasons. Some places are nice to visit, but most I wouldn't want to live there.

Ended up spending 13 years on the Gulf Coast, and loved it there. Finally, the heat and humidity got to be too much. Always planned on moving back to CO after I retired, and did it 10 years ago. I really loved the Gulf Coast, half my family is there, but enough was enough. We still go back most every year, but never in the summer. Either early spring or late fall.

Standing at the kitchen window this morning I saw carpenter bees flying everywhere and noticed two in the trap I put up last weekend so they are still unaware of the danger of going into those little holes, sorry but it is my deck that you are boring into…. I saw pollen flying everywhere which explains my sinus headache but I also saw the first hummingbird of the year going to the feeder which made me think about how God is in total control of this crazy world and how little we humans really matter in the end…….

We have hummingbirds pretty much all year here. Couple feeders right outside the kitchen window. Don't often see them sit still but we got a little swing and they'll eat and then just sit on the swing, eat some more. Quite a few of them usually.

We had a genuine take off the sweater warm sunny day today, supposed to be another tomorrow. It was real nice. Been too cold and wet but no snow this year. Course it ain't over yet but it's looking like summer might come again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Beautiful down this way yesterday, and today also. Got a lot done on the house and yard so it's playtime today! Hopefully Spring is actually sprung!

I was born and raised back east. Been here now for over 50 years. I used to miss the four seasons but at my age I no longer enjoy the cold. Snow is beautiful. A nice warm home is even more beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I tell you, I have travelled all over these united states. Travelled for a livinYeah, between the droughts, floods, fires, and prig for many years.
    In my opinion, southern California has the best weather. Stationed there for almost 3 years, rained about every 6 months, 80's in the summer, 60's in the winter. Sunny all the time. I was dating a gal, that put her car heater on when the temperature dropped to 65F. What a life.
    But I cannot tolerate the politics,(or the price now) so not an option for me. However, one of my buds in the Navy, hated southern California. Per him.. no seasons, he missed his Minnesota winters. Bless his heart.
    Yeah, between the droughts, floods, fires, costs, and politics, I don't understand why people aren't flocking in droves to the dump.