Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: Kahr X9 doublestack early-look video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    True, but there really is no innovation in most Pistols. Just added more ammo capacity. Basically they are still the same Platform. And a consumer can now get a whole lot of good gun, solid built gun in the $300-350 range and even under. The Taurus is proving that now all the time. Gun Manfactuers like Tisas have shown you can get a solid 1911 at a budget price. PSA has shown you can get a better Glock for around $300.
    My GX4 has been nothing but a solid reliable, good shooting performer. (Actually I bought two). The thing is, all those Crying like a bunch of Liberal spoiled brats that want someone to pay off their College Promissory note can now stop. But watch them still start crying because it has some little feature they do not like, that makes them fold like a cheap lawn chair. For Kahr it is like Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.
    Kahr innovated by producing a micro 9mm.
    Sig innovated by developing a double stack mag for the micro.
    Someone innovated at some point with the first pistol optic.
    Beyond that?

This new Kahr will likely be a nice offering, assuming it comes to market, but it’ll have a ton of competition from better known brands while not offering anything except maybe a nice double action trigger which most prospective buyers will hate.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Kahr innovated by producing a micro 9mm.
    Sig innovated by developing a double stack mag for the micro.
    Someone innovated at some point with the first pistol optic.
    Beyond that?

This new Kahr will likely be a nice offering, assuming it comes to market, but it’ll have a ton of competition from better known brands while not offering anything except maybe a nice double action trigger which most prospective buyers will hate.
    Sig didn't develop a double stack mag for the micro 9mm. Kel Tec did that with the P11. Other than that, I've never seen so many people complain in my life. People whine because Kahr didn't release anything new and were slowly going out of business. Now they're complaining because Kahr is offering something new. Kahr has a unique trigger and barrel system that all of the other double stack options on the market lack, so the notion that this new Kahr offering offers nothing new than what's already out there is ridiculous. It offers the same features (trigger barrel system) that many people have grown to love in a higher capacity double stack platform with updated modern features, and everyone is complaining, being nothing but negative, and upset about have more capacity and a nice DAO like kahr trigger?

If you want a double stack striker-fired handgun with a long 6lb +/- DAO trigger, name one competing manufacturer that you can go to. Now name all the manufacturers who offer polymer frame striker-fired handgun typically with a trigger safety dingus and short reset. Don't tell me this new Kahr offering offers nothing new to the market because that is NOT true.

I just realize Kahr is damned if they do, damned if they don't, and people just like complaining for the sake of it. If you're stuck in the past, don't like change, and don't want the capacity, then keep the standard Kahr single stacks that haven't been selling well. Most in the firearm community want capacity in this day and age. The new offering offers something for a different demographic, and hopefully will keep Kahr from dying by the waste side along with teeny tiny small diehard fanbase who rather see Kahr go out of business than to update.