Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr X9 doublestack early-look video

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    If you need a thicker grip than the 365 you could always get a true double stack. The thin grip with more capacity is the whole point of the gun.
    Valid points!

If you need a thicker grip than the 365 you could always get a true double stack. The thin grip with more capacity is the whole point of the gun.
    True. I'm just commenting on how if the X9 is a little thicker than the 365 that's not necessarily a bad thing. And if grip thickness was my only beef with the 365 (which it was not, and I also treated that with a Hogue grip sleeve), I probably would have kept it.

Yep. I believe some of the newer “micro” offerings are just a little bit bigger than the 365 so there is definitely a market for small, high capacity pistols that fit better in bigger hands.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Yep. I believe some of the newer “micro” offerings are just a little bit bigger than the 365 so there is definitely a market for small, high capacity pistols that fit better in bigger hands.
    Hard to tell at this point, but it appears the Kahr did a nice change on the Back strap. The width is not always the key to a bigger hand but distance from the finger to the trigger. At least for myself. I really like the way Taurus did with the grips and had the longer back strap as a option.

I find it interesting that Kahr has made the Hellcat and 365 magazines compatible. Smart move on Kahr. If the Kahr has a better grip, easier to shoot and a preferred trigger, some will make the transition. Especially with two guns that have a whole lot of production that exist in the shooting world.
    I believe if the Kahr is marketed right and a lot of positive reviews on YOUTUBE etc, it may be a big seller

At this point we do not even have the dimensions or the weight.
    They say it will be out in JUNE. We will see.

The more I look at it the more I see the Kahr Linage. Still looks slim and easy to carry but with a better or improved grip, take down lever forward serrations and the new recoil spring which should make for easier racking. The more I see it the more I like it.

The grips on my S9 are the best fit of any semiauto I’ve ever handled, so we’ll have to see how the new configuration on the X9 compares.
    Also, I’d like to see it without the optic.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Hard to tell at this point, but it appears the Kahr did a nice change on the Back strap. The width is not always the key to a bigger hand but distance from the finger to the trigger. At least for myself. I really like the way Taurus did with the grips and had the longer back strap as a option.

I find it interesting that Kahr has made the Hellcat and 365 magazines compatible. Smart move on Kahr. If the Kahr has a better grip, easier to shoot and a preferred trigger, some will make the transition. Especially with two guns that have a whole lot of production that exist in the shooting world.
    I believe if the Kahr is marketed right and a lot of positive reviews on YOUTUBE etc, it may be a big seller

At this point we do not even have the dimensions or the weight.
    They say it will be out in JUNE. We will see.

The more I look at it the more I see the Kahr Linage. Still looks slim and easy to carry but with a better or improved grip, take down lever forward serrations and the new recoil spring which should make for easier racking. The more I see it the more I like it.

I agree. If the price is right, many will be tempted to buy one for no other reason than they already have a bunch of magazines that fit it. I don't believe anyone has thought about this yet, but if it accepts Hellcat and P365 magazines, maybe it has Hellcat and P365 grip dimensions. I own a few true traditional double stacks (Glocks, M&Ps, XD's, HKs, etc), and this new Kahr seems to be smaller and thinner. I'm not sure why Kahr would blunder by marketing it as a double stack when it's more in line and comparable to other micro pistols on the market.

One reason I bought the Taurus GX4 was because of the grip. It fits my hand perfectly with the larger back strap. Here is a comparison with the Sig 365. (GX4 standard/Smaller back strap shown)

Love/no love for the 365? I got to play with one at my FFL/dealer. I probably wouldn't own one, but I thought that the grip fit my hand very well.

A Closer look

Interest grip for the middle finger. We hear so much about undercutting the trigger guard. But I don't recall seeing a grip that is cut so deeply to essentially allow the middle finger to sit part way inside the ring finger. Another Justin Moon innovation that will allow for shorter grips by allowing the ring finger to move up, partially covering the middle finger?