Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Kahr X9 doublestack early-look video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I think the serial plate should go back like it used to be under the barrel. Can't really put it inside. LE has to be able to see it. I had a couple guns stolen from me close to 50 years ago, I still carry the serial numbers in my wallet and when I see one like at a range I try to get a look just to check. I know where they ended up but that's a long story.
    If you use the rail and cover the serial number you might get hassled in the field, if a LEO wants to check your weapon's serial number against your permit (at least it's that way in the PRK where I am, i.e. the People's Republik of Kalifornia). I'll get one if they make a PRK legal version (LCI, MDM, and Safety), or if I can get one from a LEO.

That said, I love it as a slightly longer barrel is easy to conceal IMO, with the shorter PM9-like grip also being easier to conceal, and also importantly more comfortable in tight bucket seats (IWB @ 3:30).

All of that said, will it ever make it to production in my lifetime LOL?
    Last edited by djd100; 01-25-2024 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djd100 View Post
    If you use the rail and cover the serial number you might get hassled in the field, if a LEO wants to check your weapon's serial number against your permit (at least it's that way in the PRK where I am, i.e. the People's Republik of Kalifornia). I'll get one if they make a PRK legal version (LCI, MDM, and Safety), or if I can get one from a LEO.

That said, I love it as a slightly longer barrel is easy to conceal IMO, with the shorter grip also being easier to conceal, and also importantly more comfortable in tight bucket seats (IWB @ 3:30).

All of that said, will it ever make it to production in my lifetime LOL?
    Usually whatever you hang on the rail, comes off easily and would expose the serial number. Most just push a button etc and off comes the light, laser etc. At least everything I've seen.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Usually whatever you hang on the rail, comes off easily and would expose the serial number. Most just push a button etc and off comes the light, laser etc. At least everything I've seen.
    Yeah, but if it's a laser you lose zero.