Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr X9 doublestack early-look video

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I just stay home at night
    We have a bingo ! I stay home most of the time during the day too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

So, my worthless opinion on gun lights. Never point a pistol at anything you don't want to kill. Unless, it's a pistol with a light. Help me out here. I always carry a light, but not on my pistol.
    NRA Benefactor

I pray it comes out just to shut up all those that cried like hell Kahr does not have a double stack. I bet it is going to be expensive.

You don’t need to point the light/pistol at someone, just hold it in low ready, flip on the light, and there should be enough ambient light to ID the target.

For those afraid the light provides a target to aim at, IDing the target should take a second or less, then you can use the light to ruin their night vision. Look into a light at night, and see if you think you can hit it.

All theory of course, the fog of battle changes everything.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

No rail or light for me for home protection. If someone entered (broke in) with a firearm, even if they're blinded by light, they can still shoot towards the light. I know my home like the back of my hand. I have the advantage in the dark. I've also had many discussions with the wifey, so we're on the same page. They'd also have to deal with a dog. Also have places to hide behind. They could end up being very busy...........

Smile Variety is the Spice of Life

From an aesthetics standpoint I like the classic look of a handgun without a rail (Particularly 1911s).
    Also have a variety of Sig Sauer guns and none have rails.
    Do have lots of guns with rails though (Mostly HK).
    Some have a light or laser attached.
    And now I've gone to a green dot optic on my latest carry gun

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I pray it comes out just to shut up all those that cried like hell Kahr does not have a double stack. I bet it is going to be expensive.
    Before Glock came out with the G42, Glock owners lamented for years about the need for a single stack. Just goes to show that we tend to want what we don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    No rail or light for me for home protection. If someone entered (broke in) with a firearm, even if they're blinded by light, they can still shoot towards the light. I know my home like the back of my hand. I have the advantage in the dark. I've also had many discussions with the wifey, so we're on the same page. They'd also have to deal with a dog. Also have places to hide behind. They could end up being very busy...........
    Same here so far as the dog goes. We have two Shepherds, and I count on them to give me a chance to wake up and get my wits about me before having to take on intruders. I do have a light and laser on my HD gun though. I don't have to use it, and probably wouldn't need to if things when down real quick. But if you do it's important to remember to turn it off quickly, and then move away. Mine's has a momentary switch option, so that makes it easier. And I don't want to shoot one of my dogs

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    So, my worthless opinion on gun lights. Never point a pistol at anything you don't want to kill. Unless, it's a pistol with a light. Help me out here. I always carry a light, but not on my pistol.
    I'm in this category myself. I have 3 flashlights on board the chair all the time, just convenient. It's different of course but part of my job at the PD was to review body camera footage when those came into vogue. Police are trained not to search with their weapon mounted light but it's surprising how many actually did. I have no issue on a home defense gun having a light as you'll just be confirming or identifying a bad guy, not searching for one which of course is a bad idea but may come into account if you have kids etc on the other end of the house, then forting up just isn't gonna work. To each his own.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Given that it’s bigger than a P365 and there are numerous other “micro” offerings bigger than a P365, I don’t expect it to sell well (if it ever makes it to market). Kahr should have made a CM9 sized double stack. I wonder how thick the grip is. If Kahr didn’t thin the grip walls it’ll be a fatty. It’s main attraction will be the DA trigger, for those that like that.

That being said, I applaud them for bringing out something new. 🆕

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I guess the way my home is set up, I would be the first to know about an intruder. This is why you should get on the same page with everyone in the home. That way, everyone knows what or what not to do. I can also see very well in the dark of my house and don't worry about shooting anyone by not being able to identify them. They would have to make quite a ruckus just to get in. I would never shoot the dog unintentionally unless the midgets from the circus were in town. The dog doesn't move if she hears someone walking around at night, but if she hears the tiniest squeak on a door, she'll let me know. Also, if you keep a couple of nightlights plugged in, they give you just enough light