Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CM9 slide is not going onto frame

Default CM9 slide is not going onto frame

Hi, new member here. Just got a CM9 yesterday and did the initial cleaning and lubing in preparation for a range session tomorrow. When I try to put the slide back on the frame, it stops when the ejector is about 1/4' into the slide. I don't see anything that might be stopping it. Any thoughts on cause or solution? Thanks.

Update: Problem solved. I pressed down slightly on the ejector and all is well. Looking forward to shooting it!
    Last edited by Pez; 01-25-2024 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Sometimes if the recoil assembly is just a tad off where it belongs it won't go on. Remember the assembly is a bit off center. Should be parallel to the slide. Move it a bit and try again. I also sometimes have to kind of tickle the trigger to get the slide all the way on. Give it a twirl and get back to us.
    Welcome to the asylum. We kind of like it here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks, Bawanna.

Welcome to the forum!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Hi pez and welcome to the place…..I use several new cuss words every time I take down my PM9 so I feel your pain, the guns are small, tight and hard to work on with oily hands and sometimes you could use a a third hand but they will go back together eventually…..Again welcome to the forum and if you have any issues there are many nice folks here that will be happy to help you out…..Let us know how it shoots and if it’s new it might hiccup a couple times so don’t worry about it, just lube it up good and keep shooting and after the break in period it will settle in and become a great shooting little pistol……Good luck!

Thanks all for the welcome.

Well, it shot great - no hiccups whatsoever - until the front sight came off on the 55th shot. Sending the slide to Kahr and they will replace the sight. I knew I should have taken a second gun with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Pez View Post
    Well, it shot great - no hiccups whatsoever - until the front sight came off on the 55th shot. Sending the slide to Kahr and they will replace the sight. I knew I should have taken a second gun with me...
    I see they have the front tritium sight for C series in stock right now. If I was you, I'd have them install that for you.

^^^ What FreeMe said.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling