Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential ammo shortage again?

I don't worry about it anymore or pay attention to the hype. The last time I was caught up in the hype was during the Obama AWB scare. I went staking out Wal-Mart for any 22lr and other ammo they had as soon as they put it out, and would be on the hunt for any and all ammo I could find so that I could horde it. I also purchased my first AR15 and a bunch of mags.... I still have thousands of rounds of 22lr from that time period. I'm over that phase in my life.

I have a case of ammo set aside to get me through any SHTF type of altercation that I never touch and never will touch unless there's a dire situation. Other than that, I just stop shooting and ride it out when there's a shortage. It's no big deal. I already know where my sights are aligned and where my gun shoots with the ammo I carry. I'm not going to forget how to align my sights, properly pull the trigger, or all the skills I acquired because I had to take a few months or a year from going to the range. I did it with Obama, COVID, and the range shutdowns, and I'll get by if it happens again. It's not the end of the world, and I'm not going to start contributing to the panic and shortages.

What’s sad is, it doesn’t matter if the SG Ammo blurb is fact or fiction, people will still buy “extra” amounts because of it. I’m leaning toward it being fiction.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

That being said, I should probably top off my range ammo before my TargetSports membership expires at the end of March.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Well, I ordered a case of 5.56 for my three new PSA ARs because I was all out.
    When I gifted my first two ARs (Colt, S&W) to my sons a couple years ago, they got all of that stash to go with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Right side up?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I need some more ammo.....
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

There’s an ACE Hardware near me that sells ammo at gun store prices but they have a good selection so I go by every Saturday and pick up a box of something so that’s my vice, I don’t have a boat or any hobbies other than buying old tools on eBay so I feel ok about spending a little dough to keep some ammo in the closet, I wish I could afford to buy in bulk but I can’t and I’ve pretty much stopped range visits because of the cost of each shot fired and because it became no fun anymore counting how much it was costing so now I just spend the money stocking up on ammo…….

I’m not at all sure of the future of our country anymore with the POTUS we have in office and all the things going on in the world so stocking up on ammo seems like a real good idea to me even if it’s a little bit at a time…….

Should have 10,000+ rounds per caliber stocked up since 2008. Back when it was cheaper and available. .40 and 7.62, etc.

Light Bulb Times Have Changed

Quote Originally Posted by ttz View Post
    Should have 10,000+ rounds per caliber stocked up since 2008. Back when it was cheaper and available. .40 and 7.62, etc.
    Years ago I felt Variety was the Spice of Life
    Really enjoyed having guns that ran a variety of calibers.
    Seeing if I personally favored one over others.
    Having less popular calibers was appealing (not following the herd).
    Also, back then, a few boxes of ammo on hand seemed fine.
    Some folks talked of consolidating calibers and I laughed.

Then came Weapon Bans and Ammo/Gun shortages.
    Stacking guns, ammo and high capacity mags started looking like the right thing to do.
    My Crystal Ball was broken and I had all the service calibers plus a few more.
    Stacking 9mm/357 Sig/40 S&W/45 ACP/5.56 NATO/7.62 NATO was problematic, but I tried...

These days 9mm has become my focus for firearms and ammunition.

We are Lucky. It is my understanding, in New York City, if you are lucky enough to have a "have and possess" permit. You cannot store more than 200 rounds of ammo without a special permit from the fire department.
    I am so glad that I was born and raised in a free state.
    NRA Benefactor