CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: S9 vs CW/P9 Dimensions

Default S9 vs CW/P9 Dimensions

Just in case someone wants to know…
    My recent S9 purchase had me holster shopping. This one is intended for summer carry when the Shield Plus is a tad too thick and prints a tad too much (shorts & t shirt). The available holsters were of a dismal selection, too bulky and/or more than I would pay. So I went with what I’ve ran before, which is the minimalist Clip Draw. They are not listed as being for the S9, but rather for the CW9 and P9. I emailed Kahr, asking if the backplate of the S9 and CW9 had the same dimensions there and if they were interchangeable. Of course it took ages for them to respond, but finally they did and confirmed what I thought, which is “yes”. Being impatient, I went ahead and ordered one before Kahr’s answer and sure enough it did fit. Also, I forget the website, but one site shows an S9 laying over a CW9. You can slide a bar on the screen which slowly fades out the S9 to reveal the CW9. Same exact dimensions on most everything, but of course the dust cover/rails. I forget if the muzzle end of the slide was exactly the same or not. Anyway, looks like very little difference between the models. I did notice that the mag release on my S9 appears to be poly while my last Kahr (CW45) was steel that loved to rust in front of your eyes, so good improvement there. Unsure of that parts durability over time, with the mag catch and mag window interacting, but I don’t plan to put a gazillion rounds through it, so no concern there. Just happy I won’t have to be removing the catch constantly to oil it and clean rust from it and the frame due to sweating.

Thanks for the info. The website you're referring to is Handgunhero. Com.

Certainly! And thanks for the website name 😊

I toted my CW9 in one of these Remora IWB/Pocket holsters.
    No belt clip on it - not really needed, but mine rode in a jacket pocket.
    My grandson has it now (gun & holster).

Guess I’ll order 2 more for the two new S9 pistols.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I could see one riding comfy in a pocket. I did with a CW9 for a while. These are definitely narrow enough to pull it off. I micrometer’d my pocket carry Glock 42 at the grip and it came in at .89”. Negligible difference there.

Kahrs fit in lots of holsters. Even the Glock Sport holster.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

These S9s are too big for my pants pockets, but will do fine in my jackets.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Kahrs fit in lots of holsters. Even the Glock Sport holster.
    With the rails the S9 has? I mean I already bought that clip, but may be good to know. On my Shield Plus, that clip had it’s grip riding too low (just the heel sticking out above the belt line, difficult to “unholster”) but that SHOULD not be an issue on the S9 since I will be wearing stretchy shorts that I can slip my hand past easily. If it is an issue I would get a conventional holster, but that creates another problem as a conventional holsters clip slips right up the slick shorts so that the gun is still wearing the holster when drawn. Right now, the Shield Plus kinda has the best of both worlds. The clip for when wearing those types of shorts AND the conventional holster with cant for when wearing jeans.
    20240202_131017.jpg

Not much difference. Cm9 S9

Interesting & good to know