Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K9 customization….. or lack there of

Happy Friday!! I received my optics milled slide back from Galloway Precission and they did a GREAT job. I did remove my RMSc sight from the slide to test if a cover plate would work. The SIG Sauer P365 cover plate that I have links up perfectly, with the exception of an ear tab on the front of the cover plate that tucks into the P365 slide (see first link to picture). I am ordering a spare cover plate and will grind off the tap so that I can take the sight off and use the cover plate if I need to. The second link is my assembled K9 with all customization done so far (optics slide cut, flat faced tiger, Wood grips w/custom 1911 screws, highly modified ProMag magazine (see previous link picture), and high polish of all metal on metal interworking parts. In addition my K9 is an Elite 03 that came with night sights.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/076V...YR61jLYSjDwcBQ

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03bu...5g1RYXeJUsBJEQ

Thank you all for your input and recommendations so far. I am still looking for some place to checker the front strap but have ordered a Talon DIY sheet to try it on the front strap till I can find someone to mill the checkering on it (just like the T9 elite). I also ordered Pearce magazine baseplates; even though they are of good quality the gap between the base plate and the grip is substantial and the extension is far more than I need with the K9 grip so I have decided not to use them. I imagine that they work better with the MK9.

Please keep chiming in with your customizations and any recommendation and information on other options that may be out there. Enjoy the Weekend!
    Last edited by JaminC3; 02-11-2024 at 07:30 PM.

Nice!
    And thanks for the tip about the 365 cover plate. I hadn't thought of that for mine.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any aftermarket source for non-plastic mag baseplates for any Kahrs. I do recommend replacing your stock baseplates with the steel baseplates from Kahr, for reliability's sake. Yeah, they're not pretty, but also not likely to break - as I have had happen with the stock plastic base.