CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K9 customization….. or lack there of

Quote Originally Posted by JaminC3 View Post
    Freeme, Thank you for the input. I have yet to try the new trigger out at the range but after working things through I got my trigger to be perfect, with the only downfall for me being the angle of pull with the stock trigger. The new one seams to resolve that issue for me as I dry fire it. Also, she has only ever known night sights (I would not have it any other way).

BirdsThaWord, I will look into the new grip screws. When I put the wood grips on it caused a grittiness in the trigger. Inside the grip is a metal trim piece that rides against the trigger bar that I had to polish so that it would match the polish of the other working parts to get my super smooth trigger back. I am sad to hear that Robar does not do gun work any longer. I will keep up the search. Also, yes, I am a happy Kahr and Corvette owner.
    Glad you got it smoothed out. What year Vette? I used to have a ‘69 & a ‘72. Wish I still did. Sadly, I just can’t climb in, under, around to hot rod them anymore. Now I just hot rod pistols
    IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_96161.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Glad you got it smoothed out. What year Vette? I used to have a ‘69 & a ‘72. Wish I still did. Sadly, I just can’t climb in, under, around to hot rod them anymore. Now I just hot rod pistols
    IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_96161.jpeg
    Sweet...

71 Coupe with a 406 SB, 700R4 OD Auto, Rack & Pinion.

10-4 on working on them now, got old so sticking to the easy stuff top-side LOL!

2000 FRC, stock aside from LED projector headlights and modded shifter.

I second the 1911 grip screws suggestion
    I have some rather plain ones on my MK9, but think they enhance it's look:
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

[QUOTE=BirdsThaWord;442843]Glad you got it smoothed out. What year Vette? I used to have a ‘69 & a ‘72. Wish I still did. Sadly, I just can’t climb in, under, around to hot rod them anymore. Now I just hot rod pistols

My Bette is a 1982 (Last year). I am the second owner, and it is all original with 20,000 miles. It was my retirement gift to myself. Will send pictures when I am allowed to attach them.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I second the 1911 grip screws suggestion
    I have some rather plain ones on my MK9, but think they enhance it's look:
    Regards,
    Greg

Wow, I really like the screws. I am making my decision on them now. I think I will go with some from Challis Grips.

Funny these post about grip screws popped up. I just happened to have my MK40 in my pocket today. The most upgrades I've ever done or felt needed to be done were Wolff springs to better the trigger and extra power mag springs to make the mag more dependable. Lakeline aluminum followers. Aftermarket grips, grip screws, and sights. The MK, K, and T Kahrs do not need anything else done to them. IMHO, Glocks, 1911s, and other platforms lend themselves better when it comes to people who feel the need to tinker just for the he'll of it and/or add a whole bunch of extras that, IMHO, don't really add any value other than making your firearm more unique.

Manufactured exactly 24 years ago in February 2000. I think I may have gotten the idea from another member on this forum to add new grip screws.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Funny these post about grip screws popped up. I just happened to have my MK40 in my pocket today. The most upgrades I've ever done or felt needed to be done were Wolff springs to better the trigger and extra power mag springs to make the mag more dependable. Lakeline aluminum followers. Aftermarket grips, grip screws, and sights. The MK, K, and T Kahrs do not need anything else done to them. IMHO, Glocks, 1911s, and other platforms lend themselves better when it comes to people who feel the need to tinker just for the he'll of it and/or add a whole bunch of extras that, IMHO, don't really add any value other than making your firearm more unique.

Manufactured exactly 24 years ago in February 2000. I think I may have gotten the idea from another member on this forum to add new grip screws.

great looking mk9. It sounds like you have been able to fine tune things with the trigger and magazine. I do like the grips and screws as well. Thanks for sharing!!

I was able to take the advice and get new screws. As I cannot yet post pictures here is the link to see my K9 so far.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a89...wLL71z83X0suFw

pictured is also what has become my favorite magazine. Oddly enough it is a promag. When I got it, it was the normal crappy mag that did not work. After I dismantled, sanded/polished, adjusted the follower and replaced the spring, it is now the slickest and best feeding mag I have.

I wasn't aware promag even made Kahr magazines. Fine looking gun, love the flat trigger. I'm too skeered to put one in mine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I wasn't aware promag even made Kahr magazines. Fine looking gun, love the flat trigger. I'm too skeered to put one in mine.
    It was definitely nerve wracking to get the trigger pin out. Once it is budged then it was not too difficult to install.