Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rumor clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Too us ignorant folks. Can someone expand on what the differences are between an Elite MK, and a standard one?
    Kahr Website
    Elite 2018
    The polished stainless steel finish and laser etching on the frame are available on all Kahr Elite 2018 pistols - the K9, MK9, and the T9.
    The lustrous finish complements our innovative designs and solid construction.
    The magazine well is beveled for easier magazine reloading.
    The feed ramp on the barrel is polished to a high luster to insure reliable feeding with all types of ammo.
    Laser engraving on the frame provides the finishing touch to the polished stainless steel - for an appearance as impressive as its capabilities.
    (Has front checkering on frame grip like T9 model.)

My only Kahr is an older MK40 Elite 03 but has most of these features.
    I'm very happy with the gun and feel the Elite option is worth the extra money

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Attachment 20704Now that’s a nice/custom look!
    Now THAT looks like something when God wanted a Beautiful gun and got with Kahr to make one.

Thanks KR. Unfortunately this idiot put a scratch in the other side
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think that they just try to keep us lay folks confused. I owned an MK9 mfd. in 99-2000. Just a plain jane, no night sights, with a Birdsong coated slide. They gave it a designated LTD serial number. Only about 400 made. I would be curious as to the designated serial #'s of this current model. Guess I was behind the curve. Didn't realize that they were ported. I did read that the frame was Birdsong coated. I carried mine almost exclusively for about 9 yrs. At that time, the slide had hairline cracks in the finish, and had wear spots on the sides. Not sure how I'd feel about this coating on the frame.............

Thanks for the compliments Guys. One I will likely never sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Kahr Website
    Elite 2018
    The polished stainless steel finish and laser etching on the frame are available on all Kahr Elite 2018 pistols - the K9, MK9, and the T9.
    The lustrous finish complements our innovative designs and solid construction.
    The magazine well is beveled for easier magazine reloading.
    The feed ramp on the barrel is polished to a high luster to insure reliable feeding with all types of ammo.
    Laser engraving on the frame provides the finishing touch to the polished stainless steel - for an appearance as impressive as its capabilities.
    (Has front checkering on frame grip like T9 model.)

My only Kahr is an older MK40 Elite 03 but has most of these features.
    I'm very happy with the gun and feel the Elite option is worth the extra money
    I had no idea there were that many differences, though some were not available until perhaps recently? For instance neither my MK9 Elite 2000, nor my MK40 Elite has a checkered frontstrap. And, I just checked and the magwell on my MK40 is only slightly beveled on one side and not at all on the other. My MK9 is not beveled on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Those black frame MK9's from what I've seen are marked as Elite 2000s. This is strange to me because I bought my Elite 2000 back in 2003, and Kahr told me there were only 89 of them made, all in the GE serial number range. I've asked a couple of sellers on GB to tell me the serial number of their "new" Elite 2000 but no one as yet has responded. I am curious about these. My frame and slide were applied by Robar before the gun was sold to a distributor. I bought it new back then and returned it to Kahr to have a couple of blems in the finish fixed. They had it refinished by Robar at that time.

I've yet to see anything but a stock photo of these new ones, so it's hard to actually tell what's what. There are a tone of them out there on GB though. I don't know if Kahr stockpiled the original Elite 2000 frames and are now cleaning house, or what.

Early on the Elite triggers were what all Kahr triggers are now. They decided back in 2004 or so to make them all the same. These days they only practical difference between Elite and non are the polished slide and frame flats, and the Elite label on the right hand side of the frame.
    Yeah, that's one sharp looking pistol!

I have one of the E-nickel K9s they made early on. It's a safe queen now, but it needs a set of those grips. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I couldn't find the thread where somebody was thinking that Kahr was discontinuing the metal models.

I have it from a very reliable source from Kahr that this is blatantly false. They are in production and I assume there's inventory.
    They provided this link on some of the premium models.
    Check out the front strap checkering. I absolutely love that. Would like to see that on all the MK's, K's, and Especially the T models.

https://www.kahr.com/k-series-and-mk...ries-handguns/
    Thank God! I never owned a polymer Kahr. I've always loved their steel frames. Good to hear that they aren't going away. They need to bring back and actually produce the T version though. I think those are more sort after than the MK and K pistols. If they offered then in 45acp, they would have sold hundreds of thousands over the years IMHO.