Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: K9 slide stop broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ttz View Post
    Aftermarket machined pieces would be nice to replace all the stock mim parts. Even if Kahr produced and sold them.
    I wasn't aware that the Premium series Kahrs used MIM parts. That was only the Value series.

That happened to me a while back. Can't remember if it was on my K9 or CM45 though. Kahr sent me a new one.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Make note. There are two slide stops. Mine is the old style. One piece. The new style have the pin as a separate piece. Apparently, not interchangeable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kahr has always been very good about standing behind their products. Probably has something to do with not being a corporation that feels a need to bleed every nickel they can out of their gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt 127 View Post
    Make note. There are two slide stops. Mine is the "old" style. One piece. The new style have the pin as a separate piece. Apparently, not interchangeable.
    I have both styles. They both are one piece and are very similar.

Older style on top.

The 2018 K40 is on the left has the new design, and the 2014 manufacture date K40 is on the far right has the old design. The 02/2000 manufactured MK40 is in the middle has the newer design.

I have an MK9 manufactured in 2013 that has the slide without the "old" style. I see no rhyme or reason to it. Maybe they were producing both types at the same time up until old stock was parts were depleted. Plus, they aren't supposed to be MIM parts, but your slide stop is clearly a MIM. Is that a carbon steel frame on your K9?

No. It’s stainless with the black finish. Whatever they were using at the time.

So, mabe there have been three versions of slide stops.

Old style. One piece. Tapered end

New style, one piece, round end. (No pic)

New style two piece (pin is separate) round end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The style with the notch has the leaf spring on the ejection port side. The other has the little dual purpose spring right next to the lever. The one on the right has a rotating pin, not sure if that helps anything much, and theres a solid version where the pin and lever are all one piece.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This thread motivated me to check my K9 (the same gun as in my avitar), slide lock part. Low and behold there appears to be a very thin hair line crack developing at the same spot OP's part broke. Wonder if it's on borrowed time.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Mine gave zero indication. Of course, I never looked at it prior, who would think.

As I stated “annoying”. The gun still ran. Obviously didn’t lock open on the last shot. It, quite literally, just fell off during a string of fire.

But. If I were you, flex it, see if it snaps and get a new one free 😁. Or…order a spare now.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    This thread motivated me to check my K9 (the same gun as in my avitar), slide lock part. Low and behold there appears to be a very thin hair line crack developing at the same spot OP's part broke. Wonder if it's on borrowed time.
    Can you share a picture?