Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: K9 slide stop broke.

My gun appears to be the old design. Or am I wrong about that? And according to the info in this post the slide stop also looks like the old design. Are there more than two versions of the slide stop? Not that it really matters but the engineer in me really want's to know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    Interesting. Mine has the tapered end. I wonder when the transition was made to the 2-piece design?
    I don't know. My MK40 was manufactured in 2000, and it has the "new design." I have others steel frame Kahrs that were manufactured over a decade later, and they have the old design. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it other than they were producing both old and new at the same time. The newer design slide stop is at least 24 years old, so they were producing their K series with the old slide stop long after they had the design for the newer one.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    That is the new style.
    IDK about that. @harrydog's slide stop is different than the new design slide stop on my MK40 and my K40.

3E046178-7B43-43C8-BD5A-7CCA4B3D402D.jpg

2018 Kahr K40

2000 MK40

542F9CD5-92DF-4252-9C88-2017012193FA.jpg

2014 Kahr K40

IMG_1349.jpg
    @harrydog's Kahr; His slide doesn't have the half-moon cutout that the new designer. He has the older design.

I had an MK9 manufactured in 2000. It had the rotating pin.

Kahr required the serial number to get me the new slide stop. So, apparently there is some sort of Rhyme and reason as to when they changed slide stops.

Either way. Dropped right in. No issues.

For those of us that chase trivial nuances, it is different. There are no longer casting lines that would indicate investment casting. And K9 is in the mold. And, the overall finish seems better. If I had to guess, it’s now a MIM part.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sgt 127; 03-01-2024 at 01:28 PM.

I gues you didn't know your own strength. Try not to break the new one lol. I'm glad everything worked out for you.