Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: March Mafficks

breaking news

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Yes. I have my own cheap Singer sewing machine... at least 40 years old. I pull it out once in a while to sew some project... longer "throws" from good flannel sheets and will be making window sunshades for privacy, too, for my new Ford AWD Transit T-350 High Roof Long Wheelbase(not extended) with the twin turbo EcoBoost engine... 0-60 MPH in less than 7 seconds!
    This will be quite a project if I live long enough to complete it!
    We'll finally be able to stand up in our travel van... after over 30 years of scrunching down and banging our heads on the passenger van's A/C vents and control panels.
    It's kind of empty now, but will have twin beds, minimal cooking(coffee for sure), hassock potty, and overhead storage.20240225_125757 - Copy.jpg
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Yup We have a bunch of them my wife inherited from my mom. Sewing machine.
    My Mom's Singer looked exactly like that, but was in pale green. I remember them buying it; was a huge upgrade over her previous treadle-powered, iron-framed machine. I remember messing around with the treadle and accidentally driving the needle through the end of my finger.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Yes. I have my own cheap Singer sewing machine... at least 40 years old. I pull it out once in a while to sew some project... longer "throws" from good flannel sheets and will be making window sunshades for privacy, too, for my new Ford AWD Transit T-350 High Roof Long Wheelbase(not extended) with the twin turbo EcoBoost engine... 0-60 MPH in less than 7 seconds!
    This will be quite a project if I live long enough to complete it!
    We'll finally be able to stand up in our travel van... after over 30 years of scrunching down and banging our heads on the passenger van's A/C vents and control panels.
    It's kind of empty now, but will have twin beds, minimal cooking(coffee for sure), hassock potty, and overhead storage.20240225_125757 - Copy.jpg
    Funny I've been looking at bigger vans too, mostly Mercedes, haven't really looked at Fords, didn't know they had AWD. That's a plus. You think the EcoBoost engine would pull a relatively light boat trailer pretty good over a mountain pass? I probably wouldn't go with the high roof, I don't stand up much, wife don't generally walk around much in the van. I'd like the little longer wheelbase like yours to haul a little bit longer wood and stuff. Looks great and your looking fine too. Looks like another nice day for you too. Give me all the good and bad details. Nothing electric I hope.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

They have low, medium, and high roofs... mine the latter. I almost got the medium as it has about 6' floor to ceiling in back, but wanted more storage for overhead cabinets. The high roof allows about 6'8" floor to ceiling beams. I'll take up about 2" with insulation and flooring... eventually.
    Yeah, AWD and the EcoBoost is more than capable of hauling stuff in the mountains but requires at LEAST 87 octane. This engine is strong and quick... sub 7 seconds in 0-60 in tests with 310HP and 400 pound-feet of torque!
    It will run you about 70K with a LOT of options for a 2023 and about 3K more for a 2024. The '23's have more options that are no longer available on the '24's.
    I have the 148" wheelbase because I didn't want the extra length of the extended version... about 28" longer, though that pretty much eliminates having a shower in the van. The twin beds will take up a lot of space.
    This van is 1 foot longer, but over 2 feet taller than my Savana, but it's a rocketship when you punch the accelerator.
    I got white for reflecting the sun's heat and planning on "stealth camping"... looking like a contractor van when parked somewhere overnight. :-)
    Ford Transit has had AWD available for 4-6 years now, so not new, and it's been around in Europe even longer.
    Got to run, but check Transits out and the FordTransitForum for even more consumer info.
    Wynn
    Last edited by wyntrout; 03-21-2024 at 12:29 AM.
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Looks nice Wyn, glad ya’ll are doing well……I always wanted a van but ended up a pickup guy but vans are cool, anything you can sleep in if you need to is great……Now all you need is to shag carpet the whole interior, install a disco ball and get a “If this vans rockin don’t bother knocking” front tag and it’s party time!

Man! It has been a long time since Disco was a thing. I remember "dancing" to that music in the 70's while stationed at Dyess AFB in Abilene, TX.

Yeah, we're doing okay and married 38 years Friday the 22nd. Desiree wants to go to PF Chang for Chinese food, so we have reservations for tonight... don't want to try Friday night!

It's a bummer that we're in debt again, but I'm so happy to have a taller van with a bit more room for stuff. I like my stuff inside out of the weather. It's going to take a lot of work and more money to get this one travel ready, in addition to replacing my 15KW generator that became a smoke generator a few months ago. I need to replace that, build a new shed for that, and get ready for hurricane season, too!

At least I got the windows 3M-tinted and that helps with the heat and sun coming through those large front windows... none in the rear, unless I add some small ones for ventilation over the beds.

So much to do... insulation, flooring, walls, ceiling, battery power $ystem, $OLAR, coffee/cooking area, swivels for the seats, and cloth seat covers to replace the vinyl ones. Wifey didn't get heated seats, though. I WAS ordering those, but took this deal to get something now while it was available. I had to cancel my order from February last year because Ford had cancelled it, anyhow, with all of the shortages and recalls on stuff. I feel very lucky to have found this one unexpectedly on the lot with most of what I wanted and some stuff that I didn't, but at least I'm not waiting any more FOR a van.

Ford has many more dealerships and they are a bit cheaper for maintenance than the diesel-powered Mercedes Sprinters.

Thomas Jefferson said

and

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Wyntrout….
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Thanks so much! Dinner at PF Chang's last night by Desiree's request and dinner tonight at home with 1/2 roast duck.

Desiree ordered baby back ribs for an appetizer and then decided that was more than enough for a meal! I had the Wagyu steak and then we got a nice slice of New York Cheesecake on the house.

We came home and snacked with wine and Crunchy Cheetos while watching the previous night's Gutfeld... a nice night... with only the wine glasses to clean for tomorrow night.

Thomas Jefferson said

and