Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: March Mafficks

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I always like those Fiats, remind me of 50's Chevrolets.

That's a Nash Metropolitan
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

True that. I go with Nash. Something else I always wanted but never had. Am I a weird unwrapped duck or what?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My dragster from the 70's and the one I can afford today....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    True that. I go with Nash. Something else I always wanted but never had. Am I a weird unwrapped duck or what?
    Yep, Metropolitan. When I was about 6 a neighbor lady had one in baby blue or turquoise, and white. In looking at that picture I was thinking about what it would look like if you removed the rear license plate, and painted the spare tire cover light brown. Terrible, aren't I?

My dragster from the 70's and the one I can afford today....
    Dude… YOU ARE MY HERO! If I can ever have/own/run a f.e.d. down the quarter, you can wrap me up and toss me into the flames. I’ve always been a lover of gassers, “slingshots”/f.e.d.s and anything else loud and in yer face. I really want an old truck as a retirement thing, but really, really, really hope there is a budget for a mild f.e.d. I will sit in the garage, drinking whatever my liver allows at the time, late at night, with old country or rock playing, fondling it while the rest of the neighbors are asleep. Call me nuts!
    Btw, I’m sure I’ve shown you some of the one’s I’ve built/ran (Vette’s/‘Birds/Camaro’s). Yeah, I can not afford those these days either. At least that’s what the wife says.

I’m so glad that I grew up in the Horse Power War days when the girls loved bad boys with fast cars……I was watching a Mecum auction tonight and a beautiful 70 SS Chevelle 454 fully restored car sold for $145,000 which made me feel a lot better about spending 20k for my 70 Chevelle which is not a numbers matching car but is a real SS and has been restored pretty well and is a fun weekend driver and my therapy when I feel like tinkering with it…….I love fast, loud cars that burn explosive liquid, belch toxic fumes and can smoke both rear tires at will and don’t need no stinking electric cord………

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    I’m so glad that I grew up in the Horse Power War days when the girls loved bad boys with fast cars……I was watching a Mecum auction tonight and a beautiful 70 SS Chevelle 454 fully restored car sold for $145,000 which made me feel a lot better about spending 20k for my 70 Chevelle which is not a numbers matching car but is a real SS and has been restored pretty well and is a fun weekend driver and my therapy when I feel like tinkering with it…….I love fast, loud cars that burn explosive liquid, belch toxic fumes and can smoke both rear tires at will and don’t need no stinking electric cord………
    You are lucky my friend. You still have it. I bet many here are scratching their heads over cars sold that were $20k, $30k, $40k when sold that now are worth/selling for double, triple, quadruple, etc. You are one of the lucky one’s. Kudos my friend!

An old girlfriend had one of those in the early 1960s, but it was a hard top.
    I rode in it just once - my knees were almost tucked up under my chin.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    You are lucky my friend. You still have it. I bet many here are scratching their heads over cars sold that were $20k, $30k, $40k when sold that now are worth/selling for double, triple, quadruple, etc. You are one of the lucky one’s. Kudos my friend!
    I sold our 1967 Malibu coupe (283) with 70,000 miles in 1973 for $1,000.
    The 1958 Olds 88 inherited from my grandma parked next to it had 50,000 miles on it when I sold it for $100 a couple years later.
    That was our first house - bought it new in 1971 for $23,500 and sold it in 1976 for $30,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

"Life Member NRA"