Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Funday Project Accomplishments

Default Sunday Funday Project Accomplishments

Got the grip moulds poured today (finally). Popped one out before Ernest & Julio Gallo would have, but think it will end up being ok. Also, for a change of pace finally fitted the compensator to the Beretta 92S. About time on that too! Any new stuff with you guys?
    20240301_215253.jpg
    20240303_064157.jpg
    20240303_122539.jpg
    20240303_170618.jpg
    20240303_161045.jpg

Nothing for me today. Giving my hands a break.

What are you pouring into the molds Bird?

I got 1 more K9 grip cut out and 3 more 1911's. Just slabs so far, found some decent Walnut in my stash. Working on a piece of Sanchez Rosewood on the bay, over in a couple hours, see if I get that to play with.

Anybody ever here of a muzzle brake or flash suppressor for an officer size 1911?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I seem to recall seeing one or two Colonel. Can't remember on what though. Officer + muzzle break would essentially be a Commander, right?

On another note, I noticed today that my RIA Officer is heavier than my Tisas Carry Commander. Only by a few tenths of an ounce, but still. And both are all stainless!?!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Nothing for me today. Giving my hands a break.

What are you pouring into the molds Bird?
    I truly understand the hands comment. You've tackled 2 front straps in a back to back fashion, so I'm sure they need a break.

I'll try my first epoxy resin grips soon. I'll start with clear, inserting little chips of roughly torn tinfoil to try and mimic those little raised parts of the front grip texture, then pour black to give a good background and create visibility for those little chips. What I will be doing to the frame will turn a lot of it black too, so hoping it will be a good look. If not, I've got plenty of resin and can try some different looks. Hoping I can create something that looks cool, but not cheap looking. Lol, We shall see!

The Tisas is stainless. I think mine is alloy, it's considerable lighter than my other commanders.

Yes an officer with a muzzle brake would be about a commander or maybe a bit longer. I was just thinking if it actually works you have a commander length slide with a little less flip. Not that the 45 is unruly. Plus you guys and your muzzle brakes make me want one and on a full size it makes it basically a long slide. I've always wanted a long slide but just too durn long for me a full time sitter to carry.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well I thought I was busy. You have been wittling a lot lately! New diet? 😂 I know how it is. I go in spurts. Sometimes I have zero interest in anything guns for a bit, sometimes it cinsumes me. Please post to the Emporium once those are done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got 1 more K9 grip cut out and 3 more 1911's. Just slabs so far, found some decent Walnut in my stash. Working on a piece of Sanchez Rosewood on the bay, over in a couple hours, see if I get that to play with.

Anybody ever here of a muzzle brake or flash suppressor for an officer size 1911?
    I posted up GB ad a little while back where it was a Colt Officer's that had been polished for sale. They also had put a compensator on it. May have been a 1 off. The lines from the slideflowed into it as if they were made together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The Tisas is stainless. I think mine is alloy, it's considerable lighter than my other commanders.

Yes an officer with a muzzle brake would be about a commander or maybe a bit longer. I was just thinking if it actually works you have a commander length slide with a little less flip. Not that the 45 is unruly. Plus you guys and your muzzle brakes make me want one and on a full size it makes it basically a long slide. I've always wanted a long slide but just too durn long for me a full time sitter to carry.
    You and me are birds of a feather on this. I'm thinking at sime point of contacting one/some of the sellers and asking for one of the comp's before they port it, so as to make a gov't look like a long slide. I think it would definitely up the cool factor!

Your resin grips sound like they will be unique and cool Bird. Good luck!