Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHTF Choices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Second_After

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.....
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I have about 20 EMP/Post apocalypse book series on my Kindle. Love 'em.

Most recently my choices would be my new to me G22 and a slew of loaded mags because I shoot it well, and my recently built AR-15 because it only weighs just over 6 lbs., has a red dot and irons, and I can hit a 8 inch gong at 100 yards most every shot with my bad eyes. I’m pretty comfortable with that and the wife can manage both of them too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I'm lucky I guess, as I don't have to choose. I'm already at my bug out location. Kind of live here year round.

Sometimes I feel bad for bringing my kids into this crazy old world.”
    The sole reason why my son almost does not exist. We were not going to have kids. I did not like the way this world was going and did not want to be responsible for bringing someone into a place that might equal misery one day. He came along though, and we’ve been blessed that he did. I’m confident that he can handle anything as good or better than I could, but still have the concern about what he may face.
    SHTF set up is 3 compensated G17’s (police trade in’s) and 3 AR9’s that take the G17 mags. Many (mostly police trade in’s) 17 round mags and a few 22 and 33 round mags. My AR9 folds and will be in a backpack, unless in an urban area. I will be slinging my dad’s old 270 for reaching out and touching from a distance, while we actively try to stay at a distance and evade in such an instance.
    I have another, less cohesive set up for my brother in case he can make it over, and high cap 22 set up’s (pistols and Vortex scoped Ruger 10/22’s) for my two elderly neighbors who we’ve discussed bunkering down with as a team if not fleeing.

The prepping trend has mostly come and gone, at least from the top of the mind of most. But it's good to see that people are still preparing, just in case. Heaven help us if it comes to pass.

I am not a prepper, but know one. He has two of everything.

However, I am set up for a short term disaster. I keep enough food for a month, and drinking water for 2-3 weeks. (And lots of striking paper, Covid did not catch me unprepared).
    I have a small 2000 Watt generator, which will keep my fridge running, and a 1000 watt hot plate for food prep. Plus a couple of small 1500 watt space heaters.
    I can disconnect the fridge long enough to make coffee :-), or run the heaters if needed. Plus being an old timer, I always have a little cash on hand, and, a right good bit, of ammo.

I always heard, when the Shtf, you need God, Gold, and Guns. But, I think ammo may be more valuable than guns.
    NRA Benefactor

I wouldn't be going anywhere. Go down with the ship, I guess. I know the people in my area. They're a hardy bunch. Lots of guns which could be good or bad. Lots of people who know how to use them. Sometimes I don't think people get enough credit. I believe that my community would for the most part, band together and help each other, rather than freak out and try to take from others.........Like I tell the wife, if all hell breaks loose, we live close to 2 air bases. We'll just have to bend over...............

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    The prepping trend has mostly come and gone, at least from the top of the mind of most. But it's good to see that people are still preparing, just in case. Heaven help us if it comes to pass.
    I'm sure you know, it's very expensive to properly prep these days. I think you'd automatically have a large advantage living away from the city. Cheaper to prep.

If I had to pick two "go to war" weapons then the pistol would be one of my HKs. Probably the P2000sk because I have the most mags for it. The rifle my Colt AR HBAR. It's the most accurate and highest quality. That's a 9mm and a 5.56. I'd be tempted to grab the CX4storm to have only one ammo need and because it is very reliable but it lacks the range of the Colt.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.