Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHTF Choices

Just finished reading the last two books from William R Forstchen in the “One Second After” series and all are very good and eye opening….. One second after is the first then there is “One Year After” and the last two are “The Final Day” and then “Five Years After”…….Highly recommend reading in order but all are great books and really make you think about how bad things would get if we lost power, transportation, food and water…..I’m not a prepper but after reading the Forstchen series books I’ve stocked up on canned goods and enough water to last several weeks……We have a cabin in the north Georgia mountains in Blairsville and I suppose we would head up there if things got too crazy in Atlanta like 9 shootings and 6 dead last weekend isn’t crazy enough……

As for bug out guns I would of course have my PM9 in my pocket and my S&W M&P 9 in a belt holster with all the mags and ammo I could grab in a bag…..I would throw several boxes of 12 gauge in there with as much .223 and 30-30 I could carry and I would sling my trusty Mossberg short barrel shotgun on one shoulder and my Marlin 336 lever action 30-30 on the other shoulder and my AR-15 slung over my head in front……Slings are absolutely necessary for any useful long gun to be able to keep your hands free…….I would first try to hold down the fort as long as possible but in a war zone like Atlanta or any large city if SHTF it would soon become not worth it to stay…….

You only get two pal. And the hardest part in your location would be getting out of Atlanta. I'm sure brigands and bad dudes would be hitting on everyone trying to leave.

Ok your in Atlanta so we'll let you have 3.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Damn, must have misread the rules, happens to me all the time, so I’ll leave the AR and take the lever gun to hunt with and the shotgun for the two legged vermin……PM9’s concealed so it don’t count and M&P is holstered so that’s my three but you’re right we wouldn’t get far in this crazy place so might as well hole up and fight it out from cover…….

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Damn, must have misread the rules, happens to me all the time, so I’ll leave the AR and take the lever gun to hunt with and the shotgun for the two legged vermin……PM9’s concealed so it don’t count and M&P is holstered so that’s my three but you’re right we wouldn’t get far in this crazy place so might as well hole up and fight it out from cover…….
    I'd offer to help but probably be just as hard to get in as it is to get out and your a far piece away. Be gosh durn tough getting there.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cool Run Silent Run Deep - until you can't ...

CZ Scorpion Micro suppressed 9mm & Galil ACE 7.62x51 NATO

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    We have a cabin in the north Georgia mountains in Blairsville.
    Never been to Blairsville, but I have been to Blueridge, so might be able to find it, if I had to.
    NRA Benefactor

Don't forget to pack your cleaning supplies Barth. You're gonna need 'em.

I’m ready….
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Alright just one.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Beretta APX 9mm. Seems some others have missed the part about the handgun and rifle has to match. I don't really see the point in PCC outside of a 22lr, so I'd save on weight by just carrying the handgun and extra ammo. The ammo capability stipulation wasn't there, I'd take an AR15 in .223/5.56.