Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: April Foolishness

My favorite knife is the Buck 112 Auto Elite. It holds a great sharp edge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

In addition to being addicted to all things that go band, I seem to had an addiction to sharp pointy things. Intervention no doubt needed here.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Not the best knife, but the funnest knife I ever had was a double edged butterfly knife that I sharpened up both sides razor sharp. Every time I pulled it out, someone would always want to play with it. I warned them it was sharp and they would say, "I know what I'm doing". The first little slip their finger(s) would be bleeding and they wouldn't realize it. They would be surprised when I told them to give me the knife back before they cut their fingers off, as they couldn't believe they were bleeding. It was that sharp. Then I would flip it around pretty fast and fancy, like in the movies. Anyone else who wanted to try kind of hung their heads.

I first had a single edge one that I spent many hours practicing with over a couple or three years before I found a double edged one. I think while at camp a number of years back, we had a knife throwing contest. The others all had fixed blade hunting knives and I didn't. This is when I discovered that butterfly knives weren't made to be throwing knives, especially into trees. I wish I can find another one again, but pretty sure I got this overseas in PI. The pretty ones make a great BBQ knife, and the double edged ones tend to discourage those who have never used one, or rather those who think they can use one.

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Those are the “Hands Up Don’t Shoot” bars

Default EDC Pocket Knife

I've got a boatload of knives.
    Some, for me anyway, are stupid expensive (Microtech).
    But for an EDC pocket knife?
    My all-time favorite the Spyderco Pacific Salt H1 -

I have one MicroTech. Like new used but unbelievably expensive. I sure like it and carry it in my bag all the time. Seldom use it. I'd be dead if my wife knew what they cost.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've often wondered why some knives can be so expensive. The only good thing about that is it's kept me from jonesing on them too much. My arguable best knife is a Tops BOB knife, which is for my bugout bag. It was only a bit over a hundred bucks 8 or so years ago. Very nice knife, and the curiousness comes when I compare what this is and how much it costs, to a small folder like a Benchmade that's only a fraction of it's size.

In my mind, it makes sense for a nice folder to cost more than a fixed blade. More metal, bearings, screws, locking mechanism, etc... Plus knife folks focus on fit and finish, centering of the blade when closed, and more.
    NRA Benefactor

Camping anyone....
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".