CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be afraid......................

Man I feel the pain…..In January 2021 our fridge started to have problems with the freezer staying cold enough and since it was pretty old the wife started looking on the interweb for reviews and the Samsung looked pretty good so we paid 22 hundred for a new bottom freezer stainless refrigerator…..They delivered it and everything seemed fine except that it didn’t make any ice so they sent a repair guy out and he replaced the entire ice maker with a new one which worked ok for 6 months and then it quit again so they sent the same guy out who replaced everything again on warranty and it was good for 6-8 months and you guessed it, no ice……Well long story short, we are out of warranty now and on the 5th ice maker and it’s starting to act up again……..There is no excuse for making a product so complicated that it doesn’t work…..Samsung makes great TV’s but appliances, not so good……..

Back wall at Home Depot or Costco. Small supply of dumb washers and dryers usually at $500 or less. Just bought one at HD. Runs like a purse snatcher.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Man I feel the pain…..In January 2021 our fridge started to have problems with the freezer staying cold enough and since it was pretty old the wife started looking on the interweb for reviews and the Samsung looked pretty good so we paid 22 hundred for a new bottom freezer stainless refrigerator…..They delivered it and everything seemed fine except that it didn’t make any ice so they sent a repair guy out and he replaced the entire ice maker with a new one which worked ok for 6 months and then it quit again so they sent the same guy out who replaced everything again on warranty and it was good for 6-8 months and you guessed it, no ice……Well long story short, we are out of warranty now and on the 5th ice maker and it’s starting to act up again……..There is no excuse for making a product so complicated that it doesn’t work…..Samsung makes great TV’s but appliances, not so good……..
    I feel your pain. Bought a Samsung fridge in 2016. Special size to fit in our kitchen with the bottom freezer. It started making noises and a groaning sound. I wasn't too worried because Samsung fridges are generally louder than other brands. Checked it out one day and there was a ton of frozen water underneath in the bottom of the freezer. Did a bunch of reading and investigating. Found out that this particular model had an issue with the freezer. Did some U tubing, tore it apart, and found the issue which I guess was common. Inside towards the back, there is a drain hole below the freezer slide. There is a piece of tubing that gets warm that sits right above the drain hole. On the piece of tubing, there is a small piece of bent metal that sits right above the drain hole and a small part of it sits in the hole itself. The tubing keeps this little piece of metal warm, and this keeps any water from freezing up the drain hole. Well, my metal piece (pos) was about an inch or so to one side of the hole which then didn't keep the hole clear of ice. Probably had been that way since new or moved when the fridge was moved. Did a little bending and got it to sit back in the drain hole. Been good since, but I would never buy another Samsung fridge again. When I saw that engineering prowess, I knew Samsung would be in my rear-view mirror. I guess this is a common problem with Samsung refrigerators. I didn't do my usual due diligence before I purchased the fridge. Now, I read and check out everything possible before I make purchases. It's a friggen shame that a person has to read a novel to find out what's junk and what's not, and it's still no guarantee.

Ahhhh QUALITY JUNK made in China!

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Samsung is Korean
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Anyone still buy Speed Queen washers and dryers? They're supposed to last a long time.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

"Now, I read and check out everything possible before I make purchases. "

Funny thing is I always read all the reviews and investigate. In doing that on this last dryer, almost all of them were negative or very negative reviews. Doesn't dry, didn't work from the get go, all kinds of stuff. Along with some that said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And couldn't really find any that didn't have negative reviews.

I agree with whoever earlier posted that they are all made by the same companies and just small changes or different labels. Truth be we live in an age of junk (except guns of course with a few exceptions). Cars, appliances, even wood ain't what it used to be. Funny I haven't seen the Maytag repairman in ages. This new dryer is a Maytag. Fingers crossed.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

At least my wife’s blender & oven still work fine.
    Hot banana/pecan bread fresh out of the oven….
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    At least my wife’s blender & oven still work fine.
    Hot banana/pecan bread fresh out of the oven….
    Oh man, your a lucky guy. I'm blessed with a fine cook and baker myself but that with the pecan sounds truly mouth watering. My drool cup runneth over.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Inside towards the back, there is a drain hole below the freezer slide. There is a piece of tubing that gets warm that sits right above the drain hole. On the piece of tubing, there is a small piece of bent metal that sits right above the drain hole and a small part of it sits in the hole itself. The tubing keeps this little piece of metal warm, and this keeps any water from freezing up the drain hole.
    Yep, same.
    We bought a pair of 27 cu ft Samsung french door fridges in 2010. The south-side unit iced up along the back interior, and the north-side fridge has been fine. Don't recall details, but I updated the wire as was advised on someone's web page or youtube. That was probably 6 years ago, and the problem hasn't recurred.
    I hold my breath because modern appliances are reputed to have short lives, but so far, so good on the fridges.

Same with the washer/dryer set we bought in 2010. It's a Whirlpool washer/dryer front-loader stack that sees quite a bit of use, so I'd assumed we'd have replaced it by now, but they chug along.

On the south-side, we have a set of ancient (1980s/90s) "traditional, take-em-for-granted" stand-alone front-load dryer & top-load washer that have been soundly abused (mostly by our kids - we made the four of them wash their own clothes). I've had to replace the solenoid on the dryer - and maybe the cycling thermostat, can't rightly recall - and the agitator cogs on the washer, but those are very easy, mechanical repairs (as opposed to all the electronics in the new stuff), and they still churn out the wash.

If/when the washers fail, I was thinking to revert to simple Speed-Queens, but since we're getting at least 14/15 years or more out of the modern stuff, it's probably worth just going with another set of those.