Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be afraid......................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Be afraid......................

I didn't realize how far behind the curve I was. The washer took a dump, so I had to go shop for a new washer. I hate shopping. I now have a washer that talks to itself, talks to a matching dryer, if necessary, and talks to the wife's phone. Cleans itself, dries itself, and knows how much soap you use, unless you use the auto dispenser, and it lets you know if it's too little or too much. It has settings I've never seen. 5 temps, 5 spin speeds. Wi-Fi, anti-mold seals and rubber drain hose. It's not even an expensive model. Be afraid.................

Yup, we got a set of those too. I'm trying to identify the song it plays when it's done washing. It's a familiar tune, some classical piece. And no, not the Irish Washer Woman, though they really should use that one.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I just had to buy a dryer. There were a lot of those talking machines. My strategy is avoid anything with wifi, or that talks to you or tells you what to do, that's what wife's do. I found one just plain dial, 2 or 3 different cycles, pretty much like the old one. Wife helped pick it out and she says it works fine and dandy. Life is good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I just had to buy a dryer. There were a lot of those talking machines. My strategy is avoid anything with wifi, or that talks to you or tells you what to do, that's what wife's do. I found one just plain dial, 2 or 3 different cycles, pretty much like the old one. Wife helped pick it out and she says it works fine and dandy. Life is good.
    My next washing machine if at all possible will be a top loader with a simple single knob to select the cycle you want. We have a front loader that has been a pain since day one 15 years ago. I have ordered parts, torn it down to bare bones twice to fix drum issues. Parts Cost was cheap but that was when I found out whatever brand you get they are all made with the same parts, and they are all the same cheap quality. I here that refrigerators are the same way too with a 20% failure rate the first year.

I told the wife that she grew up washing clothes by hand and didn’t see why she even needed a washing machine. That didn’t go over too well.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    My next washing machine if at all possible will be a top loader with a simple single knob to select the cycle you want. We have a front loader that has been a pain since day one 15 years ago. I have ordered parts, torn it down to bare bones twice to fix drum issues. Parts Cost was cheap but that was when I found out whatever brand you get they are all made with the same parts, and they are all the same cheap quality. I here that refrigerators are the same way too with a 20% failure rate the first year.

I told the wife that she grew up washing clothes by hand and didn’t see why she even needed a washing machine. That didn’t go over too well.
    I tried that clothes line and wash board deal on my wife. I totally relate to it not going over well. Our dryers have always been front load, washers always top load. Front load full of water and soap just never made sense to me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Man I feel the pain…..In January 2021 our fridge started to have problems with the freezer staying cold enough and since it was pretty old the wife started looking on the interweb for reviews and the Samsung looked pretty good so we paid 22 hundred for a new bottom freezer stainless refrigerator…..They delivered it and everything seemed fine except that it didn’t make any ice so they sent a repair guy out and he replaced the entire ice maker with a new one which worked ok for 6 months and then it quit again so they sent the same guy out who replaced everything again on warranty and it was good for 6-8 months and you guessed it, no ice……Well long story short, we are out of warranty now and on the 5th ice maker and it’s starting to act up again……..There is no excuse for making a product so complicated that it doesn’t work…..Samsung makes great TV’s but appliances, not so good……..

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Man I feel the pain…..In January 2021 our fridge started to have problems with the freezer staying cold enough and since it was pretty old the wife started looking on the interweb for reviews and the Samsung looked pretty good so we paid 22 hundred for a new bottom freezer stainless refrigerator…..They delivered it and everything seemed fine except that it didn’t make any ice so they sent a repair guy out and he replaced the entire ice maker with a new one which worked ok for 6 months and then it quit again so they sent the same guy out who replaced everything again on warranty and it was good for 6-8 months and you guessed it, no ice……Well long story short, we are out of warranty now and on the 5th ice maker and it’s starting to act up again……..There is no excuse for making a product so complicated that it doesn’t work…..Samsung makes great TV’s but appliances, not so good……..
    I feel your pain. Bought a Samsung fridge in 2016. Special size to fit in our kitchen with the bottom freezer. It started making noises and a groaning sound. I wasn't too worried because Samsung fridges are generally louder than other brands. Checked it out one day and there was a ton of frozen water underneath in the bottom of the freezer. Did a bunch of reading and investigating. Found out that this particular model had an issue with the freezer. Did some U tubing, tore it apart, and found the issue which I guess was common. Inside towards the back, there is a drain hole below the freezer slide. There is a piece of tubing that gets warm that sits right above the drain hole. On the piece of tubing, there is a small piece of bent metal that sits right above the drain hole and a small part of it sits in the hole itself. The tubing keeps this little piece of metal warm, and this keeps any water from freezing up the drain hole. Well, my metal piece (pos) was about an inch or so to one side of the hole which then didn't keep the hole clear of ice. Probably had been that way since new or moved when the fridge was moved. Did a little bending and got it to sit back in the drain hole. Been good since, but I would never buy another Samsung fridge again. When I saw that engineering prowess, I knew Samsung would be in my rear-view mirror. I guess this is a common problem with Samsung refrigerators. I didn't do my usual due diligence before I purchased the fridge. Now, I read and check out everything possible before I make purchases. It's a friggen shame that a person has to read a novel to find out what's junk and what's not, and it's still no guarantee.

I just saw a review on the new appliances on the news. They had to say FIX and KEEP old ones if you can. They went on to say due to the technology on todays appliances you will be lucky to get over 5 years out of them. They said average lives on older ones is generally over 20 years.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I got 19 years out of the old washer. Dryers are much easier to purchase. In this neck of the woods, you won't find a new/older model washer anywhere. What makes me nervous is the motherboard. I've heard and read that if you have a bad one, it will usually go right away. Otherwise, life expectancy is 2 1/2 to 3 yrs. Most people, when they find out that a motherboard is $450, they just buy a new one. What a scam..............

We tried to repair but the cost was about equal to new. Repair guy said 8 years was about life expectancy for a dryer. We had it we figured 13 years.
    I contacted a local "Real Appliance Store" not like Lowes, Home Depot etc and found a model that fit the bill. Contacted for delivery and guy came back, said that model was no longer produced and recommended a commercial model when I asked in the same price range. One I picked was like 475 or so, his commercial was on sale for 999. Went back to Lowes.....go figure.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan